8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so this has been the mother of all bad days

I recently bought a 2000 civic EX. for a pretty good price, the lady I bought it for had already done a lot to it like putting in a cold air intake, and what WAS a good sounding exhaust, wich when I went over a speed bump today....FELL OFF!!! oh and did I mention I am 300 miles from home on a road trip for work and am supposed to drive back tomorrow? inspecting the muffler before throwing it in the trunk I see it cracked off right at the muffler itself, so heres my question.... and I know it may sound like a stupid question but humor me ...I'm not mechanicly inclined in the least. other than the obvious noise levels reaching that of a jet plane, will driving the car without the muffler do harm to the engine????

please give me some feedback

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Your car will be louder than ANYTHING on the street. At the very least leave your windows down so you can experience a little bit of the
major irritation that other people sharing the streets will feel. also look out for lower gas mileage and a it is also illegal. but from what i understand from the story ur going to drive it home and fix it? 300 miles away? u should be fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback . and I plan to get one welded as soon as I can get back to familiar ground and get one .

·
Registered
834 Posts
and what WAS a good sounding exhaust, wich when I went over a speed bump today....FELL OFF!!! oh and did I mention I am 300 miles from home on a road trip for work and am supposed to drive back tomorrow?
I'm sorry but LMAO:rotfl:

I dont mean no disrespect, but the way you discribed it was just funny. In any case, good luck. Keep us updated!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh no need to apologise, I totally see the humor here, I try to look at things like this with a bit of laughter, god knows I'll be laughing about it when it's all over

·
Registered
834 Posts
oh no need to apologise, I totally see the humor here, I try to look at things like this with a bit of laughter, god knows I'll be laughing about it when it's all over
Well i good luck bro i know it sucks. i still have my car at the shop. After some idiot hit the rear drivers side i've been without a car for sometime. I should be getting it back by monday or t tuesday! can't wait.

·
Registered
357 Posts
lol well all i know is that ur situation sucks nd ur car will be ridiculously loud in high rpms nd u will lose hp but other than that give it a few revs with ur windows down to experience that honda growl haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts