8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm trying to install the klight hid kit
and the bulb doesnt seem to fit in the housing
its 9006 bulbs, and they seem to fit but it doesnt go all the way in

idk what to do
please help!!

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Take the yellow o ring off the stock bulbs and put it on the hid bulbs. The orange o ring is too big on the HID bubls and thats why they dont go in. Trust me it works good, and that will solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take the yellow o ring off the stock bulbs and put it on the hid bulbs. The orange o ring is too big on the HID bubls and thats why they dont go in. Trust me it works good, and that will solve your problem. Let me know how it goes.
i did switch the ring
but it still doesnt go in, and on top of that i just pluged everything in and the bulb doesnt light up
does that mean that i blew the bulb? or does it only turn on when the bulb in totally plugged in?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Make sure you are lining up the bulb in the right direction when you put them in. I just changed the oring on my klight kit and it went in so smooth.

Make sure all of your connectors are snapped together properly. You have to push really hard on some of them. They should make a click noise when you snap them together. It literally took my 5 minutes to snap the stock harness to the kit. And my finger hurt so badly.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Um did you double check to make sure that they are in fact 9006 bulbs? Compare them to the stock ones to make sure that everything is the exact same. If you look at the housing you will see 3 little screws on the back. Loosen them with a stubby screw driver and that will give you more room. Then you can just tighten them back up after.

Are you doing this through the wheel well or did you take the front bumper off?

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i checked if they were 9006 already and i did compare them, and they are the same

i'm doing it through the wheel, i took the whole wheel out, and the whole cover out, even took the resonator out, while i was at it
but i'm going to go and try unscrewing those little screws :xyxnervou

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i dont understand either
i tried both bulbs and none went in, i only tried one side of the car
i got discorage ill try when its warmer out

thanks for the help anyways :(

·
Banned
18,265 Posts
mine didn't fit at first... but i turned it really hard and it fit... idk if that's the same problem ur having but u should try it...

also after i did that it fit no problem afterwards...

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the responses guys

We are expecting snow tomorrow, so i wont be able to put these anytime soon
but i'll try my passenger side next time, and try sanding down the drivers bulb, the sanding it sounds like it should work, because from the looks of it, it ALMOST fits in, but not totally
til next time!!

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
I just read through all of this, and I'm not sure you told us if you got the bulb to turn on yet?

I wouldn't start closing everything up until you've made sure those bulbs turn on. Also, if they do turn on, don't turn them off again for another good 30 seconds or so.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just read through all of this, and I'm not sure you told us if you got the bulb to turn on yet?

I wouldn't start closing everything up until you've made sure those bulbs turn on. Also, if they do turn on, don't turn them off again for another good 30 seconds or so.
well my guess is that they'll turn on once i put them all the way in, because i tried to turn on the stock bulb without putting it in, just hanging from the connector and it wouldnt turn on, and once i put it in the housing it turned on, so i'm guessing theres something in the housing that needs to be clicked so that the energy will go through the connector

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
^^ not true - unless you have some other model than the rest of us they should work inside and outside the housing, I tested all of my bulbs before I put them in and they all worked outside of the housing, just had to connect the ballast to the car harness.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.