8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My goal is to get something that is quality. I was looking through the list of coilovers but for the most part they are pretty much the same. I personally don't want to drop my car farther than 1.5" maybe a little less. I need help trying to find some type of linear springs, and I would like a double adjustable dampener. This way I can soften it up for the street, and tighten up for the track for when I eventually track may car, thanks for the help in advance.

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
but if you really do want to blow the $2500 look in too the koni redshift set up..

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
what that dude paid for those new is like a K&W set up some where else esp for something that re uses the stock core. I know they are good but how much better are they over the pro c's or BC race ?

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
Yes I do agree that is more of a track setup but it's not even fair to compare them to the BC RSD's.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not if you look at the link that he put up that goes to the redshift website. its about the same price new for what he wants. he bought a couple extra things that brought his total to about $3,000

·
Registered
23,477 Posts
Dude, that Koni/Redshift DA set-up in the fs section is worth 2500 easily. Swift Springs and ASR camber plate is free at the asking price. 100 miles is nothing.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Well you're in luck @ that price range.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/susp...08439-fs-koni-redshift-da-race-coilovers.html

That's what I would buy for $2500
OP: You'll never see another deal like that ever. Better jump on it if you can.

Dude, that Koni/Redshift DA set-up in the fs section is worth 2500 easily. Swift Springs and ASR camber plate is free at the asking price. 100 miles is nothing.
:yeahthat:

I wouldn't even consider 100 miles at a few Auto X's used when compared to some of the other coilovers sold in the FS section by the slammed/dumped crew.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah i would, but im in Iraq, my car is in NC and I have no-where to ship them to. if they are still FS in Aug when i get back, ill jump on it, but if not, then ill just buy them new.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
yeah i would, but im in Iraq, my car is in NC and I have no-where to ship them to. if they are still FS in Aug when i get back, ill jump on it, but if not, then ill just buy them new.
Damn that sucks. No family in the states you could have them sent to?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not unless i want to drive halfway across the country to pick them up. if my nephews got to them, I'd probably be missing parts by the time i got to them. Not only that, but that would mean i would have to drive halfway across the country with my stock suspension in my trunk if i did put them on there.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
besides, im in no rush. it would be nice if i could get them but, my car is brand new, i think paying it off is more important to me right now than spending too much on performance parts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts