8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
I got the same leak right now.

Its not your oil filter, its your Pressure Sensor bolt which is above the oil filter to the right. If you had a turbo previously, and changed your setup probably has to do with that. The bolt itself doesnt contain a gasket, nor does any of them do. But what you need to use is Tefflon Tape. Thats what im gonna be doing today cause im leaking Royal purple! :eek:mg:

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I got the same leak right now.

Its not your oil filter, its your Pressure Sensor bolt which is above the oil filter to the right. If you had a turbo previously, and changed your setup probably has to do with that. The bolt itself doesnt contain a gasket, nor does any of them do. But what you need to use is Tefflon Tape. Thats what im gonna be doing today cause im leaking Royal purple! :eek:mg:
yeah let me know how that goes

·
Banned
6,469 Posts
That might be sure ill check it and let you know
Last week me and my friend thought it was the filter that was bad, so we replaced the filter with 1 of his from his shop.

But yesterday we found out what it really was. Pressure Sensor bolt above it was leaking onto the filter making it look like the filter was leaking.

im waiting for my friend to wake up so I can start driving already.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
the pan is prob broken... if he hit something these pans arent stamped aluminum they are cast.... they dont bend they crack and break.

But the pan is not broken its fine! I have to wait until the weekend to check it out again iam too busy on weekdays. I think it might be that sensor tho because its leaking from the top now not the oil pan at all. The reason I think its the top is because all my parts like my rack,oil filter, cv boot are all wet and that stuff is above the oil pan.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now I have a 2009 Fa5 with the same problem thank god I can go back to my old post for some answers lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts