8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys yesterday i went to brooklyn :vtec:and hit a big A$$ pot hole now Iam leaking oil. The oil pan is fine but the gasket is leaking and I cant find where i can get the oil pan gasket from I checked majestic honda but it doesn't show me a gasket any body got a link where I can buy one from

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
for the record...no k series has an official gasket...honda uses hondabond...and i think 2.5 tubes for the si.....just squeeze all around the lip and make sure there is alot all around and then mount

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
no i worked at honda and we used 2.5 tubes...but not 3...and no less than 2
Well, I'm not sure what size tubes you have...

I just did an oil pan on a K24 on an 05 Accord, and I've also done a head and block replacement on a K20Z3 on an 08 Si, including re-sealing the oil pan because I had to remove it for a reason, and sealing the timing chain case. In both cases, I used way less than 1 tube of Hondabond. I appreciate your experience, but that's not possible. In fact, the senior tech next to me...lol...you should have seen his eyes when I told him you used nearly 3 tubes of Hondabond for an oil pan.

·
Quail Man!
28,296 Posts
:yeahthat:

and the only tubes i can think of that midnitesi is using is the tiny ones that comes with some new parts

but still i dont see how he used over 2 tubes of any size.

the bolts shouldnt need torqued but just do like the middle and work your way out.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
iam done with the oil pan but now it seem that I have 2 leaks , the oil filter. Iam about to take the oil filter off and just look around for anything weird like an extra seal on filter or a crack or something .

·
Registered
11,037 Posts
double gasketed...or not on properly....and we were told to use 2 + tubes to make sure theres no leaks...and we had this tool that we would run on the inside of the oil pan and it would create a bevled edge as to not squeeze inside teh oil pna and possibly break off...thats how i was tought....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts