8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a Si sedan. Criteria for my rims had to be JDM, big lip (relative to FWD), and 17" cuz I am going to use my stock tires. I am going for the some what "VIP" style look. Very similar to Berlinas2k2 Civic. I plan on using coilovers and drop it as low I can go without scraping the front on my driveway so my questions are:
1. How do you decipher the SSR sizing spec? I am assuming the numbers below "offset" are the lip sizes ie 34mm, 46mm, 59mm, 72mm. And then further broken down to the actual offset to what the wheels are.
2. Are initials SL (Super low disk), NR (normal disk), MD (medium disk), HD (high disk) correct? If so I am assuming as you go to the right the less lip you have SL(deep)-->HD(shallow)?
3. I would like to go with the 17 x 8 so looking at the chart I think the best size for maximum lip would be +37 NR under the "46mm Offset" is this correct?

Thanks in advance!!!

link to size specs

SPEC 17inch�bSSR Professor SP1

·
Registered
435 Posts
If you want a bigger lip, you would be better off going with Work meisters. I loved Ill's Si when he had his gold meisters on it. He now has a is300 I think but here's a pic of his Si...

Btw, I think the sizing on those was 17x8 +33..I might need corrected on the offset though. Not really sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you want a bigger lip, you would be better off going with Work meisters. I loved Ill's Si when he had his gold meisters on it. He now has a is300 I think but here's a pic of his Si...

Btw, I think the sizing on those was 17x8 +33..I might need corrected on the offset though. Not really sure.

Thanks for the info...that looks perfect. Doesn't look like there are rubbing issues.

I think these SSR will have just as much lip as the Works.

Plus they are a little less expensive but still excellent rims.

Looking at the SSR spec sheet (anyone know how to pot this as an image? in the forum?)
SPEC 17inch�bSSR Professor SP1
The two possible sizes I can go with on a 17 x 8 is
under the 34mm column +41 with a MD disk OR
under the 46mm column +37 with a NR disk

Anyone know which one will have a bigger lip?

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice!:thumb:

What offset do you have and where did you get them? Also what suspension do you have?

Thanks in advance
17x8 I believe they are +38, Im kind of embarassed here...Ive bought probably 4 sets of wheels online in the past 1.5 years and I cant remember which shop I got them from.

Suspension is an Eibach pro-kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.