8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was revving my car and I noticed right around 2300-2400 RPM I have a vibration. If I hold it there the car shakes the whole time. Now every time I rev it up I feel it and Ive had my car since Jan 07 and Ive never noticed it before. Will a few of you guys try this and tell me what your car does?

Thanks,
Frankie

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mine does the same thing at the same point. It has been my experience that all engines seem to have a point in the rpm range where they will vibrate when unloaded. For my LS1 it was around 3200. I never notice the vibe if I am crusing in that range.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mine does the same thing at the same point. It has been my experience that all engines seem to have a point in the rpm range where they will vibrate when unloaded. For my LS1 it was around 3200. I never notice the vibe if I am crusing in that range.
Same here, I feel it too. Mine stopped when I got the Ingalls Power Stick and Stiffy.
Thanks guys! NBPCoupe, how do you like those Ingalls parts? Where does the power stick go?

·
Read Only
0 Posts
i've seen several threads on this, and this seems to be the verdict. oddly though, i haven't tried to find this vibration, as i don't want to end up like the op, especially since it would really bug me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i've seen several threads on this, and this seems to be the verdict. oddly though, i haven't tried to find this vibration, as i don't want to end up like the op, especially since it would really bug me.
DONT look for it cuz once you find it you'll feel it EVERY time the motor is in that RPM range without a load. Like when you push in the clutch to coast down from highway speeds and the tach passes that area on its way to idle lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.