8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just wanted to say that my car is bad a$$! i love it! its my first si and ive always wanted one. with a little hard work u can get anything u set out for.ive had it for like six months and i still get excited when i get to drive it! just want to share my joy with everyone!

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
I'm the same way. I know it has its faults, but when I hear the "snick" into first gear and the engine gun -- I'm all smiles again. :D

Also, after 6 years of driving auto, I'm still surprised that I'm driving stick...o_O

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know what you mean. Ive been driving old Caprices for the last 7 years...never thought I'd be driving a Honda. I got over the whole "American rear wheel drive is superior to anything else" mentality and enjoy my 8 airbags, mp3cd player, aux port, temp gauge, 2 doors, cold ac, sunroof....etc.

Of course any of this could be done to a Caprice...but at least its not stuck in a shop somewhere....its already brand new....*first brand new car*...can you tell?

Someday when I start my career I will get back the old "highschool" muscle car Caprice.

I figured after going through *since 1999* a 94 cavaliver, 91 caprice, 81 caprice, 99 tahoe and 96 Caprice...and $35k(cost to buy and mod/repair)....I should have bought a freaking car like this back in 2000.....Id have a 7 year old car with about 60k because I average 8-9k/year on a car. Would have been out 30-35k anyways...but with a car with good resale value...not $2000 even though the Caprice has a brand new engine and many mods done. =/

·
Registered
673 Posts
I feel the same way. Everytime I walk up to my car, I get a great feeling of excitement inside and can't help but saying (out loud) "damn, my car is SO nice". Then sliding into my driver's seat and cranking the engine...it's music to my ears.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
I've had my Si since Nov, and every time I go out to drive it, I still do the "walk around", and admire it's beauty (and also to check for scratches/door dings). It's been the best, and nicest Honda I've had to date (out of three), and I intend to own it, and enjoy it for many years to come...unless somebody gives me a new GTR:biggrin:

·
Registered
702 Posts
mattsbobo said:
I've had my Si since Nov, and every time I go out to drive it, I still do the "walk around", and admire it's beauty (and also to check for scratches/door dings). It's been the best, and nicest Honda I've had to date (out of three), and I intend to own it, and enjoy it for many years to come...unless somebody gives me a new GTR:biggrin:
x2

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mattsbobo said:
HAHA i do the walk around too!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
mattsbobo said:
Ahhh yes, the walk around! I love doing that...LOL.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Man I enjoy my car on a daily basis. I was pulling some serious spirited drivin today through some traffic. I wasnt being stupid but I was showing the road I can handle. THe engine roaring at lik 5k in 4th and then just gunnin into vtec when u have open road is .......orgasmic

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
illusionstwice said:
Man I enjoy my car on a daily basis. I was pulling some serious spirited drivin today through some traffic. I wasnt being stupid but I was showing the road I can handle. THe engine roaring at lik 5k in 4th and then just gunnin into vtec when u have open road is .......orgasmic
agree!:thumb:

·
Registered
11,889 Posts
i dont get to enjoy mine...cause im always trying to look for faults....

as in WHY IS it IDLING louder...

why do I feel a feather vibration while idling without AC ?

Did I screw up my valves while redlining it last night ?

Although the car drives great.... I look for faults...

But I do enjoy its looks while im not driving it.

·
Registered
5,818 Posts
nayilsi said:
i dont get to enjoy mine...cause im always trying to look for faults....

as in WHY IS it IDLING louder...

why do I feel a feather vibration while idling without AC ?

Did I screw up my valves while redlining it last night ?

Although the car drives great.... I look for faults...

But I do enjoy its looks while im not driving it.
boooooooooooooo

i love my :vtec:!! im gonna pick up an old eg hatch for a project soon too!! :dancing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts