8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DDMTuning will not just sell me ballasts, so i offered to just buy the kit that was not on backorder. could not do it. she was all confused. not sure why it was confusing? anyone else i can buy just ballasts ?

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
The Retrofit Source sells OEM ballasts that use D2S connectors. In order to use them with aftermarket ballasts, you will need to purchase D2S to Amp connectors. You would also have to look to see whether ballasts are waterproof or not.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The problem with DDM super low price is they are now always on backorder. And I been asked them to sell me a pair of ballasts a couple months ago and it is very strange that the first one pick up the phone didn't understand what I want, and then transfer me to a different guy, waiting 5 minutes, then he told me they are not selling just ballasts, and if they do sell it, it will be more expansive than the kit. I end up ordered a kit, and luckily that's the first few days after they dropped the price and everything still in stock, and I got it in 3 days.

·
Registered
785 Posts
The problem with DDM super low price is they are now always on backorder. And I been asked them to sell me a pair of ballasts a couple months ago and it is very strange that the first one pick up the phone didn't understand what I want, and then transfer me to a different guy, waiting 5 minutes, then he told me they are not selling just ballasts, and if they do sell it, it will be more expansive than the kit. I end up ordered a kit, and luckily that's the first few days after they dropped the price and everything still in stock, and I got it in 3 days.
I dont mind ordering from DDM even though they take a while to ship them. For the price, the warranty, and the quality of their HIDs. Its worth the wait.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts