8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was wondering if anybody would be able to give me any ideas on what parts to get for my Si.
I'm short on money, so for now I'm looking for inexpensive parts.=) I thought a Takeda short ram intake?

This is my first forum I've joined, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place or something.=S
Thanks=)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got an apexi catback exhaust and a injen sri. I would recommend the intake first over the exhaust as it makes the car sounds pretty crazy good. That would cost you about 260 CDN with tax as I just got mine a few weeks back.

If you want to spend less, go with a short shifter kit (like TWM) and base bushings. Makes the shifts nice and short, and top it off with a ebay type-r replica shift knob and you got a wicked short shifter with low prfile for under $100. If you like hid's, get a hid conversion kit for $30 on ebay and it makes the car stand out. Want to spend a little more, save up for a hfp kit too, looks pretty slick and stands out from other civic's. i got my rear used for 200, and the front new for like 150 when honda was blowing them out.

Fogs are pretty slick too, then you would need to get the 30 ebay set and if you want oem, get the honda stalk for like 100 to go with it. All up to you.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice.=)
A short shifter kit for the Si? How big of a difference is that from the stock shift kit? Just because the stock kit still seems pretty tight for shifting.

I'm definitely planning on getting some fog lights, they look great.=)

·
Registered
103 Posts
id personally just get a new shift knob if you are really just trying to save money. it was awesome when i took off the stock and put my t1r knob in and how much lower it already sits from stock (because of that stupid nut that is there)

put personally id save up for suspension first and suspension parts. the civic si already has enough power.

·
Registered
329 Posts
i got a sweet and fairly heavy shift knob off ebay for 12. cannot beat that, looks great, lines up great without the nut in place. You can try that first and see how short it is.

as for difference between stock shifter and the twm kit, check out twm's site as they have pictures that show the difference. like i said, i love the kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts