8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out of the parts stuff for a while so I'm going to ask a weird question. Would it be best for me to buy a FlashPro or a Header as far as performance is concerned I currently have a P2R spacer and gasket set, the P2R header gasket, an Injen CAI and a Greddy Ti-C. I know I would love the lowered VTEC but how much more is pulled out of the FlashPro with a tune on the small amount of stuff that I have for my car. I'll keep it short thanks in advance.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Either way, I would do both.

Your car will be more enjoyable to drive with the FP, but header can also be nice. I would get the header first, then get the flashpro so that you get tuned once.

·
Registered
11,043 Posts
flashpro first.

If you have an intake and exhaust, you will make as much or slightly more horsepower than if you got the header and put it on with just a flashpro basemap.

You will make 195-200 whp with just an intake and exhaust with flashpro.

It will feel wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

flashpro first, no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
1,156 Posts
Yeah def flashpro first. It's such a difference in power and drivability that it makes it like a totally different car.

·
Registered
790 Posts
flash pro and then a rc header and then a custom tune, thats what i got done and the car is not the same at all its a beautiful beast

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
hooker

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Save your $700 and put it in the back into the bank. Know your goals before you start buying things.
hes right. plan a head first. my money sat in my bank account for like 6 months till i decided my goals. i'd get the RH and FP at the same time. buy them used to save more $$.

Hookers and Blow.
best option right there.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So goals...

My goals are to buy myself something in may and December every year(birthday and Christmas). But honestly I want to go boost but am affraid to do it on a daily driver. Especially since I still have a warranty. So fp is great for boost and header is dumb. I just want to beat up a 300whp mazdaspeed 3. Like I said before I have a Greddy ti-c. I wanted to pick up a cheap header(dc sports) but I don't know if the collector is to big for the 60mm/2.3in vs 2.5 in collector.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts