8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just cleaned my car today dryed and waxed it.. I go take a shower come back out to stare at my nice shiny GGR18 and guess what... It was Owned By pollen.. :pat:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol I kno man.. I went over my car with a microfiber towel and took most of it off and like 5 mins after.. That ish was all over again.. :mad:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Never wipe the surface dry with dust. There is not enough lubrication for the dust to be wiped off without causing damage to your paint. Pollen and dust are generally hard to avoid, especially when waxing- as its a dust magnet. If you want to continue using your wax quick detail it with CG Speed Wipe Chemical Guys Speed Wipe (Anti-Static) Quick Detailer - 16 oz | Detailed Image

It has anti-static properties that wont attract dust so much. But best of all is if you were to use a sealant as they generally "repel" dust/ pollen. Accompanied with Speed Wipe, you will see a big improvement.

Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Sealant - 16 oz | Detailed Image

Blackfire Wet Diamond with Polycharger - 16 oz | Detailed Image

You cant go wrong with any of these! Heres 10% off= "10offG35" in the coupon code box if you are interested.

·
Hidy Ho Neighbor
29,707 Posts
If the pollen is dry, just take it out for a drive, and it will blow off.

Once the paint surface gets damp, then you'll need to rinse/wash it off.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Well I did it and did not see any scratches so idk man..
I'ts not going to be scratches. More-so light swirling. And knowing Honda paint, its ridiculously easy to cause. Sometimes pollen "adheres" to the surface and you would most likely have to rewash, or use ONR- Optimum no Rinse as a Quick Detailer. If its not stuck, a drive will blow it off.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yea I tried driving around but It dosent work.. The pollen is magneticly stuck onto the car.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Does no here use a California Duster? Here in NC my car gets covered in pollen, but I just use the Cali Duster and in 10 mins is back to black and shiny!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And I bet 5 mins after you car is covered again.. Its no use..I ordered the Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Anti Static Quick Detailer.. Let's see how it works..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts