8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past 2 months I've nothing but bad experiences with OfferUp. Both with Buyers and Sellers!

OfferUp is full of scammers, bottom-feeders, and time-wasters! I can not tell you with just with one for sale posting that I had, how many buyers wanted to waste my time for for the fun of it!

Just yesterday someone selling a Q300 exhaust for a sedan wasted my precious time. Not only was he slow to respond, but his one & two worded responses were beyond frustrating! And this should have been a sign that I should walk away from this loser.

After agreeing on price we planned to meet up on the next day - Friday. Then at 8:30pm Thursday night, he asks if i can pick up the exhaust tonight (Thursday). I had plans Friday night, so I thought this would help clear up my schedule. So I agreed.

I asked where to meet. No response. So, I gave HIM a place to meet me, and it was in HIS neighborhood. So I came to him! When I said I was on my way, he said, "Let me get home first."

Okay, maybe he was out having dinner...

I notify him I'm at the meet up spot (Target parking lot). I after waiting 20 mins I asked, how far are you?

"1 hour"

That's when the s**t hit the fan!

It's 10:30pm and you're no where near home!!?? :mad:

Why would you ask me to pickup a part if you know you're not going to be home until super late or after mid-night, and NOT tell me about it!? Such a stupid idiot!

And I felt like an idiot by being too nice just to get a "good deal" on a highly sought after exhaust!

Moral of the story is: "Make people come up to your level" If they don't rise up, leave 'em on the ground! :rantsmiley:

·
Super Moderator
1,963 Posts
I had some parts on OfferUp, but got no "bites". I did have offers to low ball me, but I don't give away my stuff. Anyway, I only see the hear about other's bad experiences, i have yet to talk to someone who likes it. In the meantime, I continue to have success with ebay.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sucks, I've notice when it comes to selling something you can not make it easy for the buyer you have to stay strict make them come to you and make them work on your time not theirs most times people just waste other people's time and it is a very shitty thing to do. What a scum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts