8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
according to my fuel gauge, I should get 1400km to the tank, since I can go at least 70km on one bar.

BUT ITS ALL LIES! I rarely get over 400km to the tank.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
dont fill up to ware u can see the gas....... it will stay full forever, i did that once, i had a full tank after 70miles lol

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
KingMarineM16a4 said:
1400km?!? You know that's not possible.
I know, I'm just pointing out how inaccurate the fuel gauge is.

sh33t_0f_p4p3r said:
dont fill up to ware u can see the gas....... it will stay full forever, i did that once, i had a full tank after 70miles lol
lol I didn't do that. it was just a regular fill-up. pump until it stops. we need better fuel gauges!!

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Fuel sensor is probably completely submerged for a while. You have to burn quite a bit of gas before you get within its range. That and you have to burn all the fuel out of your fuel lines too.

Reactions: nayilsi

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Hopefully it happens at the other end of the guage too, where we get 50-60 miles after it hits "E".
It actually makes me feel really good when it stays at full for a long time, like I'm getting bonus fuel or something :redface:

·
Registered
928 Posts
its wack sometimes, like i've gone like 60miles (100km) on the first bar, and no bars will drop, its just not truely accurate.... kind of annoying

·
Registered
102 Posts
The fuel guage provides an approximate indication of how much gas is in the tank, it's not meant to track how many miles/km's the car is capable of travelling.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
I had the same problem also when I filled it all the way to the top. But just refill until it 1st clicks.

For people wondering at the E, when your light turns on there's around 2 gallons left in the tank. So it could be around 40-60+ gallons. Depending on how you drive and model.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
this is nothing new. even the analog guages do that. when the fuel is at full it
will not move for a while... once is starts moving it exponentially accelerates to
when it gets empty.

·
Registered
141 Posts
All this is probably due to the shape of the fuel tank. The slow decrease of the fuel gauge, the the quicker drop towards the last 1/4 of a tank.

And PS, dont try to outsmart the system...no where does it say that 1 "bar" equals anything.

And if you are only getting 400km to a tank of fuel that sucks.(or you're a bad driver) Bc I had a non-Si 4 dr for a while that was good for almost 400 miles per tank and from your pics I can tell you are not driving an Si.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
When you fill your tank, watch the gas gauge. Keep your key in the ON position but not running. You will notice the 1st and 2nd bars take a little longer to fill up, so they will take a little longer to run down, especially if you fill it up after the pump stops the first time :thumb:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts