8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so today i whent to school and parked my car and whent to class . then when i get out my red jdm h rear emblem is gone also my rear si emblem does anyone know how to get the glue stuff off my car easily because its hard to do with a fingernail and im afraid to do it with a knife and scratch it thanx

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
That sucks hard. I'd be hella pissed.

Yeah, the goo gone will work. Rubbing alcohol will too. But you might need to polish a little with some ScratchX depending on how they were removed. Then make sure you rewax the areas as it will be unprotected paint. :thumb:

Oh, if you want to have some fun, try a claybar on it. I did that with the adhesive left from my rear badge.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys yea i was mad so i whent home and played halo 3 till i fell asleep lol and woke up and posted this yea i checked the rest of the car good thing they didnt do anything else to they didnt even touch my front emblem im going to talk to the principle or someone so they can check the parking lot more often but yea where do you guys suggest i buy my si emblem ?

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
07(!v!)S!K1NG said:
thanks guys yea i was mad so i whent home and played halo 3 till i fell asleep lol
DAMN you were angry! Haha j/k j/k

Sorry to hear about that, I hate ******* who mess with your car. I honestly wouldn't mind castration as the punishment for ******* with someone's car! That's just as low as you can get...

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I ordered my last one* from jdmland.com. It was just over $40 and came in around two weeks. It fit perfectly and has a solid patch of foam adhesive tape on the backing instead of two strips.

*yeah, um, I sorta messed the first one up before I put it on and wanted to replace it. I found out how hard it is to remove a well stuck emblem. It took me at least an hour to work through the adhesive on my old one with dental floss. I still broke the old emblem in removing it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Goo gone takes everything off, I use to sell that stuff to hundreds of people. That really sucks. I agree with ya. Hate people that have no respect at all. Bunch of immature people. Maybe buy a new set on in a week or so and put the JDM emblems on the back only and have someone videotape the thief. Just joking, then when you report them it will be more problems.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
goo be gone or rubbing alcohol...******* haters...they make me feel uncomfortable cuz I work at the mall and I feel uncomfortable leaving my new car in the parking lot for long. 8+ cars got broken into in the past month. It just seems like you can't enjoy something that you work hard for because there is always going to be someone to hate on you...

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Sorry to hear about the car.

Don't think it is just about hating. Also, seems like they didn't want to actually have to pay for JDM emblems.

I remember a person with a Integra GS-R back in the day that got their stock emblems ripped off.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Damn, that sucks.

Forget getting another emblem for now. Usually they will come back to steal it again. Just clean up the area. I used WD-40 after I removed the pinstripes from the side. It didn't get all of the crap off. I also used the claybar and it got a bit more off. But a little bit is still hanging on. Going to have to wait for a nice and warm day to get the last bit off.

Home Depot or Lowes also carries stuff to remove adhesive. Check for the label to say car safe. Then use a small dab to see if it has any effect.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts