8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got hit with a red light violation ticket while making a right turn on a yellow light turning red. There were no cars in sight also except for one far behind me. The intersection was 4 blocks from my house. I drove 3 blocks without any car near me until i saw light flashing. I have no idea how the cop couldve saw me. I wrote a letter with help from "Ticket Assassin" to fight this off. Does anyone know the chances of me fighting off this BS. :pray:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Never heard of people lettering their way out of a ticker before, but if that doesn't work, have you considered the typical option of contesting it in court? You'll just have to rely upon the usual methods of fighting a ticket, but I think the main idea in taking it to court is to hope that the officer won't show up, as if he doesn't, the judge will just dismiss the case and get rid of that ticket.

A lot of people try it, but if he shows up, it's his word versus yours, and I have RARELY heard examples of that turning out well. Also, be careful when deciding to bring it to court. Depending upon the court, if you loose your case, you may then be ineligible for a fine reduction and/or traffic school, so make sure you find out before you plead "not guilty" and request a court date.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
No need for two posts. www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65232

Sorry to hear about your troubles, if you can prove that it was on a yellow light then maybe you have a chance. Take it to court and see what happenes, usually the officer that wrote the ticket wont even show up and you get off the hook. Just be sure to be prepared just incase he does show up.

Good luck and keep us informed. :thumb:

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No need for two posts. www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65232

Sorry to hear about your troubles, if you can prove that it was on a yellow light then maybe you have a chance. Take it to court and see what happenes, usually the officer that wrote the ticket wont even show up and you get off the hook. Just be sure to be prepared just incase he does show up.

Good luck and keep us informed. :thumb:
hmm i cant seem to open the the thread

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Was it a city cop? You can try and fight it and hope he doesn't show up. If he doesn't show up, ticket is dismissed. Say he does show up, you give your explanation, he gives his, your fine gets cut in half. If its a Highway Patrol, they show up 98% of the time in court.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Never heard of people lettering their way out of a ticker before, but if that doesn't work, have you considered the typical option of contesting it in court? You'll just have to rely upon the usual methods of fighting a ticket, but I think the main idea in taking it to court is to hope that the officer won't show up, as if he doesn't, the judge will just dismiss the case and get rid of that ticket.

A lot of people try it, but if he shows up, it's his word versus yours, and I have RARELY heard examples of that turning out well. Also, be careful when deciding to bring it to court. Depending upon the court, if you loose your case, you may then be ineligible for a fine reduction and/or traffic school, so make sure you find out before you plead "not guilty" and request a court date.
Weird, mines either got dismissed or reduced lower then half.

·
Registered
476 Posts
The best thing you can do, is ask for a trial by written declaration. If you loose the case by trial with written declaration, you can appeal it to fight it in person. Once you have a court date set, two days before call in, and reschedule it. It being san francisco, it will probably be pushed back some months. The idea is to make it seem like it will be more time and effort than it is worth, for the city to collect. if it has been after so many months, they might just dismiss the case.

Also I've heard there is some defense where the cop has to point you out in the courtroom, out of a group of people, and name 7 facts about the incident or you. If he misses one, the case gets dismissed. I have a friend that has beaten 8 tickets because of ticket assassin.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
In most places, yellow means stop just as much as red does, unless you absolutely, positively cannot.

I got pulled over for being under a stop light once when it was yellow, only to get stopped by the second red light less than a block beyond the stop light that turned yellow.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was it a city cop? You can try and fight it and hope he doesn't show up. If he doesn't show up, ticket is dismissed. Say he does show up, you give your explanation, he gives his, your fine gets cut in half. If its a Highway Patrol, they show up 98% of the time in court.
yea it was a city cop.. asked me if i have ever been arrested 4 times and if i was on probation.. -_- hopefully i can get this ticket dismissed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.