1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know whats wrong..
my music goes out whenever i take a really sharp turn
the head unit is still on and all of that but it doesnt work
id have to turn off the head unit wait a few secs and turn it back on for it to work and it happens occasionally

i think it might be the fact that my amp isnt strapped down and its slidding around in my trunk and hitting stuff what do you guys think?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yes. I would imagine thats probably the case. Probably shorting something out on your amp and your amp is protecting itself by turning off. Strap that thing down. The less abuse your amp takes, the longer it will last.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But it only works again when he turns his car off and then on. Loose RCA would work once it was connected again.
:yeahthat:

and plus it went out again today all day even when i turned off the car....
and i know nothing is loose cause i tightened everything real good but the light on the amp doesnt come on like its not getting power... ohhh and im running 0 guages...

but it was valcro to the back of the sub box but i think the stuff my friend gave me sucks so its not working as good
i did have it valcroed to the carpet but i wanted to hide the amp so i put it in the back instead and yesterday i looked at it the amp was laying upside down

but what i dont understand is why doesnt my door speakers work when this happens??? i understand if the subs dont work but why does it effect the door speakers?

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that still didnt work

so i took it to a shop and they said it was the factory amp messing things up...

·
Registered
36 Posts
do you ahve an amp on ur door speakers? cause if u just have a sub amp that wouldnt make sense for it to be a loose rca or something. and im not sure why your factory amps are plugged in still if you did an amp on ur door speakers.

i would check:
loose wiring
bad ground
bad amp

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i know my amp isnt bad that thing is bad ass for the price i got for it
ground.... theres no where else to ground it but that metal panel between the trunk and back seats...
and loose wires i doubt it we worked on it for hours and double checked everything

and no i only have one amp for the subs...
might get another one to rum one for each sub but then i would have the splice the power wire somethere....

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
i know my amp isnt bad that thing is bad ass for the price i got for it
ground.... theres no where else to ground it but that metal panel between the trunk and back seats...
and loose wires i doubt it we worked on it for hours and double checked everything

and no i only have one amp for the subs...
might get another one to rum one for each sub but then i would have the splice the power wire somethere....
Take pics of your ground and post them. Is it sanded down?

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Do you have a LOC? and How did you connect it? im guessing if you used like a t-tap or vampire or w.e.. i would say..solder the wires together.i did that and i only have one amp on 2 subs and everything is fine.

·
Registered
14,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ugh everything is soldered and taped up
i didnt know what was going on
but its fixed now i took it to the audio shop
alittle over priced imo but you gotta pay to play i guess.... =(

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
ugh everything is soldered and taped up
i didnt know what was going on
but its fixed now i took it to the audio shop
alittle over priced imo but you gotta pay to play i guess.... =(
Well at least you got everything fix. did you happen to ask them what the problem was?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts