8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hear this..

Today, was a ordinary day..and so I thought. I woke up in the morning, hoping to see the new Pontiac Solstice, because I was kinda getting tired of waiting for my new SI cause most in my location were coming next month. So we went to the Pontiac dealer, and so we see the Solstice, and the man tells us, theres a 10MONTH WAIT FOR THE CAR. :eek: So, I turned my head, and I didnt really wanna hear anymore, but to not be rude, I pretended to listen to everything he said, and I left, and ill make sure never to go to another dealer of pontiac again, cause WOW that car can make alot of money for there company, but, wow, thats there mistake not to sell alot of them, and thats their mistake to try to make the Solstice roadster a demand type car, like the SI. So..as im going home, im there thinking of when im gonna get my SI, and so we call our Friends dealer, cause hes the Sales manager for that honda dealer. We call him, to see what new Civics came in, and he wasnt available. So, we get home, me and my dad, and he starts preparing to go the gym like usual, and im there laying in my bed, thinking of what im gonna do thinking, and GUESS WHO CALLS...The Sales Manager, the one that is gonna be helping us to get the new SI, so he tells us that they just got a whole truckload of Civics, and theres 4SI available, so we rush out of the house, hoping no1 got there before us, and I had a dream one day that there was gonna be a line of people waiting there for the car that was ''Suppose'' to be mine. So we get there, and the Sales Manager, and his co-workers rush us out to see the cars, because I was the guy that is suppose to be getting the SI before anyone else, cause well we know the Sales Manager...And at the end! Some Hindu Sales guy, had called some other guy way before we got our call, and that wasnt suppose to happen, so the manager got involved, and everyone was ourside screaming about how this car was suppose to be mine, and everyone was about to get into fights, and this and that, and this was because some other guy had called his friend I believe to come down to the dealer and purchase the Black Honda Civic SI Non-Navi with Aero Kit.

....Soo..we decided to see the other white/silver Sis, but they werent worth it with all the addons, it would come out to 30k with all the fees and stuff, so then, I started getting worried, that I would get my car Febuary. Then its when I called my Co-workers friend that worked at this other Honda dealer, and that Salesman had told me that they didnt get any shipment of SIs today, so I got bummed again. So as we were sitting down thinking, the Sales Manager located us another car, but those cars were suppose to come in next week, and if I wanted it, I could get it, but I had to let them know so that I can secure the deal, and do the paper work, and all, but it was Tango Red, so I really didnt want it...So I was abit bummed about everything..

....As we were going home, my father decided to call my Co-workers friend in the other dealer, he was a Salesmen, so my father wanted to match prices in each other dealer, so he decided to call him for some reason, and WOW was I lucky. As he was calling..The Salesman had told my dad, like 10minutes after the conversation started...''wait..give me a second...wow your very lucky you called me at this time, very odd too, but we just got truck load of new cars, and we got 1 SI, and wow, what a coincidence"...I was like.... :love: :wavey: :SHOCKED: :eek:

...We turned our asses around, and we went back to the other dealer, that was abit farther, and we rushed, and with traffic and everything, i was worried, that the samething was gonna happen to me, and I wasnt gonna get the car cause of some other scumbag getting there before me...

So...we walk in, acting all cool, and not sweating, or anything, and we ask for Rene the Salesmen that helped us out, and hes like, "wow, that was fast, were you guys in this area??cause that was fast"..So, im there praying, and crossing my fingers that no other salesmen was able to find out the they had a WHITE SI in there lot, because the dealer has 50 SALESMEN!..And lucky, im the only one that knew that the dealer had it, cause we had called on time, so, we starting going to the second floor looking for it, and it wasnt there..I was getting worried, and then, to the third floor, where we were looking around for it, and i was getting more worried.. :eek:hnoes: AND THEN BAM!!! WE HAD FOUND IT!!! WHITE SI! SITTING THERE LIKE IF IT WAS ABANDOND, cause it was mixed with other EXs, and Hybrids, and he was the only one that stood out, I noticed him, cause of his rims, and the front body.. :hail:

..Then its when the other Salesmen walked in[about 4 of them walked into the same floor as we were with the SI] and they were telling our salesmen, how ahead of the game he was, and like patting him on, but really, they were making calls to their people. So we went downstairs, and everyone was staring at us, and there were a few noisy salesmen that were walking past us, back and forth when we were making the final buy...At the end, we went to the Finance guy, to check our records and everything, and there was a ton of Salesmen outside waiting to see if we said ''NO'', so that they could get someone else to buy it...and so that kept on, I was looking frustrated to make them happy, and you could see them all with there cell phones, and calling, and calling, and looking at us..At the end, we made it through the 3hour wait, and everything, and everyone was very happy for us, they brought the car to the from to give us the keys, and then its when everyone started gathering around, and looking inside from the window, and touching it like if it was a good luck charm..lol it was all so overwhelming, I was so so happy, that I was smiling, and im still smiling now..

I CANT BELIEVE IT BABY!!! IM SO HAPPY WITH MY CAR!!!!! ALL WHITE WITH NAVI!!!!! IM SO SO SO HAPPY!! ILL MAKE SURE TO POST PICS SOON, AS FOR NOW, I need to sleep, its mid-night, and all that tired me, I wish I could go to sleep in my new car, but its freezing outside..

Ill tell you the rest of the story later tommorow, if i get on. Anyways! I hope you guys get YOURS! BECAUSE THESE BABYS ARE HOT! AND THEY ARE SO WORTH THE MONEY!..

-SPDDMN

· Acorns!
18,626 Posts
wow congrats on getting your SI after all. Looks like you went through quite the ordeal.

I have to admit the white SI is pretty hot looking -especially after some of the chops people did on here. Can't wait to see the pics.

· Registered
78 Posts
Congrats, SpeedDemon!!!! Wow, what an ordeal you went through to get that bad boy!!! :hail: It always goes to show ya, "if ya snooze, ya lose" Anyway, post up some pics of the white. I've only seen chopped pics of it, and would love to see it!! By the way, what state are ya in?

It's startin to drive me insane to wait any longer!!!!!! All these people gettin em, and aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
156 Posts
nighthawkmetalhead said:
Congrats, SpeedDemon!!!! Wow, what an ordeal you went through to get that bad boy!!! :hail: It always goes to show ya, "if ya snooze, ya lose" Anyway, post up some pics of the white. I've only seen chopped pics of it, and would love to see it!! By the way, what state are ya in?

It's startin to drive me insane to wait any longer!!!!!! All these people gettin em, and aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Are you waiting for a black Si with NAVI or without one?
I know a dealer about 90 minutes away from where you live who's got a black SI in last week. That one did not have a NAVI.

· Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Today im gonna be breaking it in, im not gonna go over 70 or to fast yet, till I get alittle bit more miles. I have to take it back to the dealer today, and I really dont wanna give my keys to those scumbags, cause I dont want them messing with my gears, but ill make sure nothing like that happens. IM SO HAPPY! I couldnt sleep today, cause of that feeling that this car everyone wants, and knowing im one of the first to get it in my area, that makes me very very HAPPY, and that feeling is incredible, anyways, im gonna try to post pics later..

-SPDDMN

· Registered
141 Posts
Congrats on the new Si SPDDMN. Sounds like you got lucky by getting to the dealership just in time before all the salesguys even knew about the car. I know of a few others here that want a white Si. You would be the first here to own an Si with navi. When you get a chance post up some pics?

· Banned
6,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ep3racer954 said:
AWESOME!!! why do you have to bring it back to the dealer? :xyxnervou
I had to get the Floor Mats, and also, they needed to check the cars Tires, and if enough liquid is under the hood, so that my engine doesnt blow up of course ;) :thumb:

Will Post Pics ASAP :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

-SPDDMN

· Registered
156 Posts
nighthawkmetalhead said:
Hey, CiscoBoy, which dealer are you talking about? Yea, the two color choices I wanted were black, and Fiji blue. Non, Navi for both.
Goodwin Honda in Sumter, SC (877-554-2277) had a black SI with no NAVI that was not spoken for as of Friday of last week. If you're interested, talk to a sales guy named Bobby Rose. The guy seemed like a straight shooter. Tell him Dan sent you. Hopelly that will prevent them from jacking up the price on you. They were asking for MSRP at the time of my visit.

· Registered
156 Posts
nighthawkmetalhead said:
Thanks alot bud. I'm gonna give em a call tomorrow to see if they still have it. That would be sweet!!!! Tired of waiting!!!!!!
I hope it works out for ya. I know how miserable the waiting can be. I've been there myself. Let me know how it pans out. They had relatively low documentation fee also ($125).

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.