8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure If I should post this thread on water cooler, or garage but mods feel free to toss me around at your discretion. Here's my story.
I go to my cousin's house on Sunday to pick up some stuff. So I parked and went inside and there was also a corolla parked in the driveway. So I parked next to it but a little to the side. So I go inside to say hello to the family and blah blah....
Later on I come outside and I drive home with my dad. I parked in the garage and then I'm looking at my car like I always do and guess what I see. Big ding on the rear driver-side fender and a scratch with FBP flakes on the wheel. It clicked to me automatically that It had to have been at my cousin's house.

I get there and his friends already left so I drove to my cousin's GF's house. By the time I get there they are pulling in their drive-way. N guess what I see....Oh wow you have FBP flakes on your rear bumper.

This idiot backed out INTO my car and then left like nothing ever happend. double-u te ef!!!! So I'm flamming hot and it wouldn't be worth it to do anything stupid so I procceed to walk up to their car. (they're looking at me like they just saw the undertaker like -->:xyxnervou . I'm 6'4, just trying to describe everything to you guys.
Me: so what happend to my car
Them: I don't know :eek:hnoes:
Me: wtf!!
Them: Oh I was backing up SLOWLY (she clarified this :shady:) and I THINK I hit your car.
Me: come here....do you see my fender and rear bumper. I just got that car 3 weeks ago. R u serious?
Them: I was going to come back because I had to take my friend to work.
Me: OK...so let's just call the cops then
F%$#N people nowadays have the nerve to hit a car AT THE HOUSE YOU'RE AT. Then leave like nothing happend. My car is getting fixed tommorrow.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
That sucks! Jeez.... for having the car only a few weeks you've gotten your paint scraped and ditto for the wheel. Post some pics after everything is fixed up.

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Geaux said:
You should be more ashamed at your rim, you gouged the hell out of that thing.

They were purchased like that from an Auto-X friend.... I was simply looking for something other than stock. Rim is not curved in any way its scratched on the edges...Those scratches can only be seen on close-up and thats why they are for sale now.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Sorry that happened man. Glad you kept your cool. Hope everything works out but next time watch those curbs.hahaha those rims are scrappped...

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
She better be glad she was a girl lol, and that sucks but is going to happen, its sad but we drive on the same roads as people that don't give a fleazzy about their cars...

You should see where i park at work everyday lol.. is like a 2 minute walk.:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ 2min. walk?? lmaooo :rotfl: You may as well walk your way home lolz jk. I park right in front of my job. So I can actually see my car.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Next time park in the north pole so this type of thing doesn't happen. Me and the person riding with me always have to take long walks to get to our destination.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
You have to find that right balance when parking, you want to park away from other people namely: jealous ricers/old people/soccer moms and their demonic kids/careless jerks in general (oh, don't forget muscle car freaks) BUT you don't want to park it too far away because it's still a Civic and they get vandalized and/or stolen every 30 seconds.

I try to park in corner spots hugging the side just in case somebody parks next to me and swingstheir door wide open (sedan have nice short doors but coupes are a problem with their long heavy doors). Avoid shoppings carts and beat up cars too.

No matter how careful you are, accept that it can happen anytime but if you're lucky it'll be Britney Spears and it's caught on tape!

·
Registered
14 Posts
wtf? How can she just drive away like nothing happened. Driving away makes it worse. I bet if she told you right away and apologized you wouldnt have been so mad. but still. That sucks for you. oh well, lifes a *****. :dancing:

·
They Call me Kobe!
11,510 Posts
wow that sucks for you. it happened to me too twice actually when i just had the car for 2 months and then 4 months. my driveway was being repainted so i parked on the curb when i go to my car i notice something and then a whole chunk of paint was taken off at my front bumper and then i go it fixed the next few days. next time i was on my driveway cause my brother broke the lugnut while putting on his summer tires and had to wait till monday till the store would open so im going to church on sunday and then after i parked i went to see how my parking was and i was like wtf why was there this who ass chunk pf paint gone from my rear bumper.

but dont worry i feel your anger as well. cause i was mad furious when this happened and i felt like smashing some peoples cars.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts