8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have the AEM CAI for 10 months with no CEL, today it was raining pretty hard here in socal, there was 1 small puddle but i put it in neutral when pass through then on the freeway was full of moist that coming from the water splash of the other vehicles..

then i noticed something different with my cam, im running around 40mph and everytime i hit the gas my car bog or shake like crazy..

then i tried to downshift after i hit the higher RPM the CEL went on!!!

does it have something to do with the rain?

any suggestions or advice that i could do?

·
Premium Member
13,468 Posts
i would unplug your battery for about 5 min and re-connect it. then if it comes back switch your CAI to stock then go to the dealer...

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
do i really need to find out? i didnt do anything.. it just went off..
Yea, but it'll still be IN the ECU even tho your light on the dash isn't on. Plug an OBD II scan tool into it and see what it was. Sadly enough it can probably even show you the date LOL . On my SRT-4 I got Injector 1-3 codes and it showed me from what date to what date each injector got f**ked up...

·
Registered
601 Posts
omg, i know what you are talking about, i was driving with a cai yesterday and hit a puddle. i got some bogging but went away eventually. im in the process of buying a short ram injen

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea, but it'll still be IN the ECU even tho your light on the dash isn't on. Plug an OBD II scan tool into it and see what it was. Sadly enough it can probably even show you the date LOL . On my SRT-4 I got Injector 1-3 codes and it showed me from what date to what date each injector got f**ked up...
may i know what is OBD II scan tool?

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
oh.. ok ill buy one tomorrow... lol
:laughing: You can get them for cheaper... but they usually don't have the capability of clearing the code once you find it thats all.

However, try going to Advanced Auto Parts, AutoZone, O'Reilleys, etc... they ususally have them for you to borrow if you give them your license for all of 2-3 minutes... I know they do that all the time around me... or if there not busy they'll actually test it for ya. :dancing:

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
:laughing: You can get them for cheaper... but they usually don't have the capability of clearing the code once you find it thats all.

However, try going to Advanced Auto Parts, AutoZone, O'Reilleys, etc... they ususally have them for you to borrow if you give them your license for all of 2-3 minutes... I know they do that all the time around me... or if there not busy they'll actually test it for ya. :dancing:
:word: Just give them like a $10 tip and they'll be happy to do it for you

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.