8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a ticket doing 85 on a 65mph FWY what should i do to fight it, I mean other people were going as fast as me. Anybody know what is the price of that ticket or rounding off? Please some one help me. NOT GUILTY!

·
Registered
630 Posts
if me and 5 guys were raping your mom, but only one guy gives it to her from the back door, are the other 4 guys on not guilty?
You were speeding, now deal with the consequences

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
haha that made me laugh. good analogy. theres gonna be no way you can get out of the ticket though. The only thing you may do is get it lowered.

Time of ticket? driving conditions? congestion on freeway? ect

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
sf-si-02 said:
if me and 5 guys were raping your mom, but only one guy gives it to her from the back door, are the other 4 guys on not guilty?
You were speeding, now deal with the consequences
Lol!!! But everyone else was jumping of the bridge....

My thoughts exactly though. You were speeding and you got caught; pay your fine and move on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's true it was early morning and it was not as congested (can i say that at court) I mean i was on my way to school.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
well yes you were speeding but the cop pulled u over bcuz he saw a young guy in a civic..ofcoarse hes gonna pull over the civic over the trucks going just as fast. i suggest going to cout bcuz the price drop alot. i did this and my ticket dropped alomst 200 bucks.

·
Premium Member
98,627 Posts
When I got mine I was doing about 95 or so. The cop wrote it down as 85 so I can go to traffic school. I went to night court and they dropped it down to 100 dollars and I opted for traffic school which was another 26 I think. Go to court and it will drop down. Pomona court really sucks so good luck.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Mthugsta said:
Well that's true it was early morning and it was not as congested (can i say that at court) I mean i was on my way to school.
Don't say that. Say you were going at the flow of traffic. If you simply say it's congested, it almost sounds like you think you can speed because the freeway is open.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
^bad idea to say you were going with the flow of traffic, that automatically proves your guilt of going over the speed limit

If the officer failed to verify his speculation about your speed with any direct evidence, like radar, you should say you were going approximately 65 when he was close behind you.

And by that, you should say the officer’s cases are based on multiple guesses. First, he guessed about your speed based upon his own speed, possibly skewed higher by his acceleration. Second, he guessed that it was your vehicle he saw speeding from a distance. In traffic with low visibility due to being early morning, it would be quite easy to lose sight of his initial target and confuse your car with the vehicle he first sighted.

By saying this, you are attacking the evidence and not yourself.

*But say what you need to say since I'm assuming what your situation was like. You know it better so just remember to not say you were flowing with the speed of traffic.

Or

Better yet, just pay for the ticket and take traffic school. You can always try and ask the judge to lower your fine

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Ah, I thought it was always better to just out and say that the flow of traffic. Learn somethign new everyday.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
well actually on my ticket i was going 75 in a 40 bcuz it was 2 in the morning and i wsa the only one one the road. but i went to court and the price lowered from a $445 to a $275 + traffic school. But i asked again to make it a trial and the cop was a no show so all charges were drop. Im one lucky 17 yr old hahahaha

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alright I'll tell you my story and maybe you guys can polish it a bit.....

--The Ticket says i was speeding from ROSEMEAD BLVD. to PECK RD. (that is actually 1/2 mi. away from each other) Time on the ticket is 8:54am.I was on the last lane of the freeway so i started changing lanes to exit on PECK RD. (but never hitting 85mph, because, why would i speed doing 85 on an exit i'm suppose to be getting off at) when suddenly i get pulled over, I was going to school (yes on saturday morning from 9:00 to 12:00).

-I'm thinking of taking pictures of my speedometer so that the judge can see how big the digital speedometer is.
-Taking a copy of my class schedule proving that i have saturday school and i was suppose to get off on PECK RD. proving that i can't be doing 85 mph.
- Last but not least the ticket is also a piece of evidence stating the time that i got the ticket. Proving I was going to school.

**Tell me what you guys think**

·
Registered
630 Posts
Mthugsta said:
Alright I'll tell you my story and maybe you guys can polish it a bit.....

--The Ticket says i was speeding from ROSEMEAD BLVD. to PECK RD. (that is actually 1/2 mi. away from each other) Time on the ticket is 8:54am.I was on the last lane of the freeway so i started changing lanes to exit on PECK RD. (but never hitting 85mph, because, why would i speed doing 85 on an exit i'm suppose to be getting off at) when suddenly i get pulled over, I was going to school (yes on saturday morning from 9:00 to 12:00).

-I'm thinking of taking pictures of my speedometer so that the judge can see how big the digital speedometer is.
-Taking a copy of my class schedule proving that i have saturday school and i was suppose to get off on PECK RD. proving that i can't be doing 85 mph.
- Last but not least the ticket is also a piece of evidence stating the time that i got the ticket. Proving I was going to school.

**Tell me what you guys think**
If someone rapes your mom on their way to school, does that make it legal? What if someone rapes your mom, but says they wear thick glasses and thought it was their girlfriend... does that make it legal?

Look, you got caught speeding, any attempt to get the judge to let it slide WILL FAIL. They will mail you a ticket, if you have been a good little boy, you can do traffic school, and as long as you are cool for 18 months, this will all go away. On the other hand, you can challenge it: i.e., claim not guilty. BE CAREFUL. If you do this, then you have to schedule a hearing with the cop. In CA the court hearing is no the cop's day off, and he gets overtime for coming. If he does not show up, you are off the hook.

A final option in ca, and the best one in my opinion, is trial by written declaration. You write a letter, and the cop is asked to write a letter, he gets paid nothing of he does. If he does write a letter, you are SCREWED. I did this, and he saw my letter and could respond, but I could not respond to him. He misspelled every other word, and his letter made no sense. No matter, judge found me guilty. I elarned my lesson, bought a radar detector, and never complained on the forums about my retardation again.

·
Registered
394 Posts
The only way you can beat it is:
1). Officer doesn't show up on the day of trial
2). Or by questioning the officer's evidence on how he arrived at clocking you for 85 MPH.

Now if you decide to go with the above rout, find out what the court's rules are regarding you pleading "not guilty". A lot of courts would not let you do Traffic School if you plead not guilty and found guilty. Not to mention the discount the court would have offered you if you did plead guilty.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts