8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I went down to the stereo store to see what was up while i was getting my cell phone fixed. I know a few guys that work there so i was checking on a dash kit for the si. They should be out in March from the METRA corp and are $65 for the dash kit and not sure on the price for the harness and $20 for radio am/fm adaptor plug. Then we got talking about bass and how i missing it and they talked me into a Alpine Type X 12" for a hell of a deal. VERY VERY impressed with the sound from only using a LOC and a POS sony amp i had lying around the house. I'll get some pics tomorrow and will be building a new ported box and a new amp in about couple of weeks.
:wavey: <I love that little guy he looks so cool.
Ryan

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
here are couple of pics of the sub.
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
Damn people need to stop touching my carbon fiber cone :) :) :)
Oh ya sorry about the messy wires haven't had time to clean up yet. :wavey: :wavey:

Ryan

·
Registered
11 Posts
Now you need to fill that trunk with dynamat to keep the sound in and from shaking the trunk off it's hinges. I bet that thing rocks.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
06NighthawkSi said:
Well I went down to the stereo store to see what was up while i was getting my cell phone fixed. I know a few guys that work there so i was checking on a dash kit for the si. They should be out in March from the METRA corp and are $65 for the dash kit and not sure on the price for the harness and $20 for radio am/fm adaptor plug. Then we got talking about bass and how i missing it and they talked me into a Alpine Type X 12" for a hell of a deal. VERY VERY impressed with the sound from only using a LOC and a POS sony amp i had lying around the house. I'll get some pics tomorrow and will be building a new ported box and a new amp in about couple of weeks.
:wavey: <I love that little guy he looks so cool.
Ryan
I always wanted to hear the Alpine Type-X's.. i love the R's.. so the X's must be even more amazing and cleaner.

·
Registered
144 Posts
About a new dash for 2006 civic sedan

Looking to get a new dash for my new civic sedan 2006......Car came with a cd player, mp3, xm ready radio. It is only a `160 watts and want to add better speakers and a better radio......but don't believe i can add a new radio without a new dash....want to keep the same color dash i have now.....any options?? thanks

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
gaspar2411 said:
Looking to get a new dash for my new civic sedan 2006......Car came with a cd player, mp3, xm ready radio. It is only a `160 watts and want to add better speakers and a better radio......but don't believe i can add a new radio without a new dash....want to keep the same color dash i have now.....any options?? thanks
http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2175
The dash piece comes in two colors.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Nice Subwoofer. I just got me a Alpine Type-R now I just need to get another one two Alpine MRD-M605. & an Alpine MRV-F545

·
Registered
602 Posts
yeah I hate having to use a LOC. But they will be fixed in a couple of days. got the dx radio bezel/ brackets, antenna adapter, & Element Pocket. and i will be putting my kenwood HU in.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hate to ask a stupid question but whats a loc?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Silver8th said:
Line out converter so you can have RCA jacks to run an amp off of the factory speaker wiring.

To use a loc, do you have to cut any wires? I'd like to get a sub without paying a ton of cash. I know someone who could install if for me if I get lost but I don't want to cut any wires if I dont need to.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts