8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i drive an 07 SI with a CAI. I accidentally tore one of the accordion boots covering larger of the two shifter cables. Im going to the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed. How can i word it to where the dealer will fix it without me having to pay for it? I tore it by using a zip tie to keep it together temporarily while i was waiting to bring it in to them. So it all started as a warranty issue, but its tore now, and its my fault. Advice please? Thanks.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took my car to the dealer this morning and told one of the techs what happened, and how it was the zip tie that i used that tore the boot in the first place. Guess what? you cant just replace the boot, the entire shifter cable needs to be replaced. He went to the parts guy and told him what he was looking for, the parts guy then came to me and said they had to order it, and i asked how much it was. The guy said "Well i dont think its that bad..... but he said it was a warranty issue" and i was like "But the boot.....you know what...nevermind." "Yeah, dont talk to much." lol so they are fixing my **** up. I guess being honest pays off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts