8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 07 civic lx sedan 3 months ago. dotn ask why i didnt get and si or a s2k cause i didnt have money. but anywayzz.. my problem is that i wanna do a 2inch drop on my car and i dotn noe wut to get. coilover and shocks or just springs and shocks. im not that knowledgeable wit cars but do know simple stuff. i already put a injen cai, 20% all around, 10k hids and would love to just do a drop on it. so it would be great if i can get some suggestions on wut i should do and the difference the two will make. thnx!!

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Coilovers would be the best route, but springs are fine for now, and you shouldnt experience any issues for atleast 80 k miles.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
All the springs on the market will blow your stock dampers (and the only aftermarket damper out right now) and all the coilovers on the market just plain blow. Since you just seem to be superficially in to looks, get some cheap lowering springs so that you can save up money to replace the stock dampers over and over.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
If you want a 2 inch drop, get the Skunk 2 springs, some rear camber kits, and some Ingalls front camber bolts. That's the setup I'm running, and it's great. Now, from everything I've read (and Sirbelch, and Highrev can attest to) your factory shocks weren't built to run that severe a drop, and will over many, many miles will not function as they were meant to. Do as Sirbelch advised, and run this (or a similar setup) until you can afford a coilover setup, or until some sport/race shocks are available that were built for that kind of stance. That being said, I've enjoyed my setup for probably 10,000 miles without a problem, but I do intend to upgrade in the future, because my car is my baby, and I don't want to put it through any undue stress:biggrin:

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
mattsbobo said:
If you want a 2 inch drop, get the Skunk 2 springs, some rear camber kits, and some Ingalls front camber bolts. That's the setup I'm running, and it's great. Now, from everything I've read (and Sirbelch, and Highrev can attest to) your factory shocks weren't built to run that severe a drop, and will over many, many miles will not function as they were meant to. Do as Sirbelch advised, and run this (or a similar setup) until you can afford a coilover setup, or until some sport/race shocks are available that were built for that kind of stance. That being said, I've enjoyed my setup for probably 10,000 miles without a problem, but I do intend to upgrade in the future, because my car is my baby, and I don't want to put it through any undue stress:biggrin:

The thing about dampers blowing is it isn't like an on off switch. You are not going to be driving down the road and then, all of a sudden, POW!!!! your dampers blow. It happens over time and it is slow enough too where you don't notice it happening because you are constantly getting used to it.

Revy, do you think the OTS Koni Yellows could deal with the Skunk2 springs? Or would they just blow too?

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
OTS Koni's should be fine they will last a good time. ALthough I do feel that 2""s is a little too much of a drop imho.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts