8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...
I'm not new here, but i have been in my shell for awhile now and its time for advice...
I see about waxing and polishing cars and pictures of them. They all look AMAZING...except mine. I have waxed my car twice with turtle wax's ICE. Its a liquid wax and I never achieve very good results with it like i was hoping. Any tips or sugestions are welcome...

also i cleaned my car today and the weather forecast was clear for the weekend. AHA I should have known better...it was like clockwork. As soon as I finished with my car, it started snowing and didnt stop. I know I shouldnt have done it in the middle of winter, but how fusterating!

If you have the urge to flame on me for whatever reason....please keep it to yourself :wavey:

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
yeah, it wont rain for weeks. but the day i wash mine it rains. lol. i also USED that ice crap. it sux. a day later and the shine is gone. so now im going to use the meguires 3 step system and see how that works. oh, and claybar works wonders too! i have a black fg2, and we all know how black is..

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's becuase Turtle Wax Ice is a polish and not a wax.

You need a good coat of wax layed down first. Mothers, Meguires, Turtle, Zymol to name a few.

The Ice adds a nice shine between waxing but it's not a good protectant wax.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
your final finish will be determined by how much effort you put into the prepping. just slapping on a coat of wax will just coat over any imperfections.

and also its because turtle wax "ice" is garbage IMO. its one of those quick waxes for people who dont have time/dont want to spend time on it. your results will only be as good as the tiem you sepnd on your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts