8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was sitting in a left turn lane.. I then glanced into my rear view mirror to see a white suburban coming over a hill (about half a mile back). As she got closer, she started honking and I had no idea why since there was no one around and she was approaching a red light.

I kept watching and she kept driving, driving, and driving. Then bam! I got shot forward and spun around a little.. :(

Pulled over to a parking lot to talk to her.. and the title says it all.

Back is sore, but my ti-c dodged death and is still in perfect condition! :thumb:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Damn that hella sucks, one thing i didnt under stand that if you were sitting a red light light, why didnt she stop? :scratches:

·
Registered
513 Posts
moar details! ....why did she end up hitting you? just didnt brake soon enough?

sorry mate. :(

·
Registered
568 Posts
I feel your pain. A few months ago I was getting off the highway and then pulled up to a clover leaf that was back up. I stopped and the car behind me stopped and then some girl in an astro van was on the phone not paying attention and didn't slow down coming off the highway. She slammed into the exterra behind me and then that car tapped my rear bumper. Minimal damage but enough where the body shop took off the bumper and their was more damage under it. My car didn't even have 3000 miles yet. I was soo pissed. Good body shop and now she looks good as new. I would use this chance the shave your rear emblems if the trunk is getting painted. Sorry for your loss

·
Registered
682 Posts
Get to a doctor. Don't worry about the cost since her insurance will be paying for it. In fact, the more it costs, the more you'll get for your bodily injuries, so hit up the ER, and a chiropractor, and an acupuncturist, and anyone else in your area. If you get some Vicodin from your doctor, be sure to mail me a few so I can make sure they're the right ones.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn that hella sucks, one thing i didnt under stand that if you were sitting a red light light, why didnt she stop? :scratches:

moar details! ....why did she end up hitting you? just didnt brake soon enough?

sorry mate. :(
ahaha im right there with you guys, and still scratching my head as well. maybe she wasn't even stopping for the red? She must have been paying some attention since she was honking at me?

She told me I should have readjusted a little bit, and I told her she should have stopped for the red light.

I feel your pain. A few months ago I was getting off the highway and then pulled up to a clover leaf that was back up. I stopped and the car behind me stopped and then some girl in an astro van was on the phone not paying attention and didn't slow down coming off the highway. She slammed into the exterra behind me and then that car tapped my rear bumper. Minimal damage but enough where the body shop took off the bumper and their was more damage under it. My car didn't even have 3000 miles yet. I was soo pissed. Good body shop and now she looks good as new. I would use this chance the shave your rear emblems if the trunk is getting painted. Sorry for your loss
Yeah, sorry to hear that man.. accidents suck.

And that was one of the first things I thought of, trust me :thumb:

..first thing was if my exhaust was okay!

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Holy **** nick... are you alright?!?! Damn wemon drivers! Ive been rear-ended twice in my si but never this bad. Your in for alot of new parts. Lucky your ti-c wasnt hit. Did you file a police claim?

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
What I dont get is that during this whole time, you're watching her as she gets closer and closer to you and you didn't do anything about it. (pull forward, let go of the breaks or something)

·
Registered
390 Posts
So lame... I'm sorry to hear that man, there are so many selfish and ignorant drivers in this county it's mind boggling. Hope repairs are as minimal and as quick as possible.

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
^ Will did you and Nick ever meet? Nick, Will used to be part of our wednesday cruise crew untill he started a wednesday night class at saddleback

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
dude that sux. but seriously go get yourself checked cause i know someone who started having muscle problems 3 weeks after he crashed. better safe than sorry.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts