8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyways i know they discontinued that one ipod adapter for the civic can i just buy an ipod and plug it into my aux input would that work and would i be able to control the music from the ipod?

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Any wire will work and you will have to control it through the ipod only.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lightlypurified said:
Anyways i know they discontinued that one ipod adapter for the civic can i just buy an ipod and plug it into my aux input would that work and would i be able to control the music from the ipod?
originalg00kster said:
i have it also...kinda of annoying..anyone know how much the ipod music link costs?

·
Registered
909 Posts
originalg00kster said:
i have it also...kinda of annoying..anyone know how much the ipod music link costs?
Ummmmmm, about $147 more than it's worth apparently. Honda and Apple have absolutly no clue how to make the iPod adapter work properly with the car.

I just got a Mopar iPod adapter for my Intrepid, and it's a great piece of equipment. It even displays song info on the nav system screen! ;)

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
you can always get the charger with a FM transmitter. I have the adapter hooked up to my pioneer navi and can control everything from the touchscreen of the HU.

·
Registered
144 Posts
originalg00kster said:
My girlfriend drives a BMW and she had the dealer installed it for about $200. I don't think CIVIC has the option. Anyway, I love Civics’ since I can both listen to my IPOD and make phone Calls with AUX.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I personally have the music link and I think it works great. And the sound is way better then the aux. Plus you can use the steering controls!:wavey:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm using the Griffin TuneFlex Aux and it's sweet. Charges, mounts, and is under $60. Works very well for the Civic application.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I've got the Honda Music Link adapter. As far as sound... it works fine, and I really do like the steering wheel controls. But Honda's implementation of the iPod link is horrible. Basically it has to record a bunch of text to speech files on the computer, sync them over, then you have to listen through the alphabet and then artists/genre/album etc names audibly over the stereo in a retarded voice.

I guess it's better than aux connecting it in that I get steering wheel controls (though getting it to work with my iPhone... not fully supported... is kinda off and on sometimes), and it charges at the same time, I dont know if I'd have paid for it if I knew how bad the UI was before hand. Not to mention not showing track names on the display...

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I have the music link and its horrible. It makes all of my music sound like there is a crackle coming from my left tweeter. Apparently honda released an i-Linc which replaced the music link and you can now control your ipod through the steering wheel without the crappy voice software. Yay!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
khronox said:
I have the music link and its horrible. It makes all of my music sound like there is a crackle coming from my left tweeter. Apparently honda released an i-Linc which replaced the music link and you can now control your ipod through the steering wheel without the crappy voice software. Yay!
link please

1 - 20 of 23 Posts