8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is not a teck problem......but the black trim along the top of drivers door is bubbling up. anyone else with this problem?

·
Registered
353 Posts
It is just cheap vinyl- I see alot of older (98-02) Accords with this same problem. It is very hard to replace without putting more bubbles in....

Have any pics?

·
Premium Member
5,329 Posts
My GF's 06 accord coupe has the same problem. She took it and they did a shitty job fixing it. Still looks like crap.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Not surprised, to be honest. I've had a few things externally fixed under warranty. A bubbling, peeling windshield cowl, among others.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
will all due respect, but cmon u bought a civic. whether u got a DX or an Si, it's still a civic, though not at the very bottom of the food chain anymore. it's what they call "fun, fast, and cheap" for what it is.

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
AllShowNoGo said:
will all due respect, but cmon u bought a civic. whether u got a DX or an Si, it's still a civic, though not at the very bottom of the food chain anymore. it's what they call "fun, fast, and cheap" for what it is.
LAWL

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
AllShowNoGo said:
I hate this excuse.

The car won Car of the Year in 2006. Perhaps I just have one of the few bad apples, but if I felt this was an indication of Honda's quality, I'd never buy any other. The quality of my American cars of the past, far more used and beaten, was much, much higher. However, it seems this quality issue plagues mainly the Civic, leaving even the much cheaper Fit at a higher quality.

No, I'll probably buy another Honda, but I doubt it'll be a Civic.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
Whocares05050 said:
Cheap or not thats what the warranty is for.
Gremlins, especially rattles, are hard to diagnose because they don't always rattle, and getting a technician to hear them is ridiculously difficult depending on your dealership.

Paint isn't really covered, so the areas where Honda didn't bother to paint (the inside holes of my trunk, places under the hood, in the door jambs, etc) are null, and the third gear issue, well...we all know.

If you could lemon a car for time spent in the shop on rattles, mine would have been a lemon a long while ago.

The warranty is only as good as the dealership that is willing to listen/acknowledge the problems. A lot of dealerships seem to have a god complex about their cars.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
MobiusTech said:
good point. i got the extended warranty
G/L trying to find a dealer who will do warranty work on your car with all the mods you have already. If you knew that you were going to mod it so far so fast why would you waste the money on an extended warranty?

·
Banned
1,508 Posts
02civicsi said:
G/L trying to find a dealer who will do warranty work on your car with all the mods you have already. If you knew that you were going to mod it so far so fast why would you waste the money on an extended warranty?
they have to prove the mods are the reason as to why it cause the malfunction in writing. if they cant do that they have to repair. just cause my suspension is creaky they cant void my warranty because i have headers you know.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Special Ringpop said:
I hate this excuse.

The car won Car of the Year in 2006. Perhaps I just have one of the few bad apples, but if I felt this was an indication of Honda's quality, I'd never buy any other. The quality of my American cars of the past, far more used and beaten, was much, much higher. However, it seems this quality issue plagues mainly the Civic, leaving even the much cheaper Fit at a higher quality.

these awards (such as jd power associates, etc.) don't mean shiet. companies prolly just pay them so they can claim it for advertising purposes. u look at alotta new cars these days and all of them claim some kinda of award of the year, who cares!?

and yes, american cars way back in the day were actually built pretty well and reliable. no argument there. ur more likely to see an 07 mustang on the side of the road dead than say a 67 mustang broke down.

u have to understand that honda, too, likes to produce alot with minimal $ spending on their part. again, the civic is one of the most popular vehicles around the world, so yeah do the math (mass production and costs).

as far as the fit, well, the car was made in japan 100% if im not mistaken. so, quality should be better for that car, though cheaper in $$ than the civic.

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
MobiusTech said:
they have to prove the mods are the reason as to why it cause the malfunction in writing. if they cant do that they have to repair. just cause my suspension is creaky they cant void my warranty because i have headers you know.
I hear you but I'm sure you know how dealers can be about warranty work.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why get an extended warranty.. all it does is warranty the motor and trans. how many hondas have u seen with major motor or transmission problems @130 (not includeing the 98-02 accord). not to mention it will probly break 5 miles over 130k anyways.

·
Pillar of Objectivity
8,915 Posts
I know quite a few brand new Honda's with a massive transmission problem that Honda won't acknowledge or fix. The current Si's and ougoing RSX-S models.

Of course, Honda may be working on a fix right now. That's idyllic thinking, but...

·
Banned
380 Posts
Special Ringpop said:
I hate this excuse.

Thank God! Someone with some damn sense. Praise you, brother! This was my first Civic and will be my last. + for you, sir.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts