8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well today i ended up going in for my oil change on my accord.
While waiting i talked with my sales man who sold me the accord.
Cool guy talked to him twice
(while buying the accord)
and he remembered my name almost 2 yrs later...
thats awsome.
So ne way on to the story..

So he says HI dana, i go wanna sell me another car?
hes like no doubt what u want? i say si...
So he gets his paperwork sees he has nothing comming in unspoken for.
except one black one without nav...
I said well i only wanna buy a certain color model.
"white wit nav"
So he said let me check and see if any other dealers have it.
He says no dealers have any wit nav. but i just found a white one wit nav located in ME, i live in boston...
I said cool
So i say whats the price on it?
They do what they call value pricing at the dealership- so u dont have to haggle)
he says its 600.00 off msrp, and since u a repeat customer 400 extra.
(member my coupon i posted about, im guessing thats the other 400 but whateva it works)
so im quoted at 21,290 for the si
thats 1000.00 of msrp...
He calls the dealership and talked to the swap manager, who had to call him back cuz he says the white si has gotten in 2 days ago and since then its just been in service getting options added.
So im thinking ohh great here we go 4k in options gonna jack up price. :eek:
Turns out they added
lo jack
the 3m paint protectant
mud guards
and some kind of sanamination or some weird word
( i aske dwhat it was he said some spray they put on to help under car not rust)
Well out of all those add ons, all i want is the 3m paint protector
So we figured out all the pricing and it woulda cost me about 1300.00 for the added extras that i dont want.
So hes like well if u get that one i can get it to u in 3-5 days.
or u can order how u want and prolly take 2 months
Well i dcided to wait. with the 1300 i can get something i want like the 18'hfp rims, or hfp drop
so he placed the order for me and i put my deposit.
Before i left we were talking and when i got my accord, they also gave me 250.00 credit towards any accessory i wanted.
I asked if they still do that, he said no, but lemme see what i can do.
He comes back and says take 200.00 off any add on u want
Sorry for the long post but, i jus got a si for 1200.00 off msrp..
Not bad right?
now i jus got to wait a lil longer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
~racnjsn04~ said:
Congrats Deezv604, Sounds great! I hope you do get it really soon. I hope you got all that in writing or on a salesorder? If not sure would! You never know about them.
well on my sales order, it has the si priced at 21290
so thats 1k off.
and it had a quick run down of the tax title all that and it does say 200 credit
so thats all i should need.
The salesmen has worked there for atleast 3 yrs, hes cool. so im not really worried about the dealership trying to pull anything.
with the value pricing they set, its a pretty str8 forward buying process:)
i cant wait. i think im going to order a carbon hood for it soon, so when i get it i drive off the dealer lot with carbon hood :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
DeezV604 said:
well on my sales order, it has the si priced at 21290
so thats 1k off.
and it had a quick run down of the tax title all that and it does say 200 credit
so thats all i should need.
The salesmen has worked there for atleast 3 yrs, hes cool. so im not really worried about the dealership trying to pull anything.
with the value pricing they set, its a pretty str8 forward buying process:)
i cant wait. i think im going to order a carbon hood for it soon, so when i get it i drive off the dealer lot with carbon hood :)
$21,740 +550 is the MSRP. White Si/with navi right? If the dealer was giving you a $1200 "discount" you would be lookin at about $21,090 for the Si w/navi. That would be what I call a Good deal but not a BONUS DEAL! Considering the dealers only paying around $20416. I have a feeling you will be waiting till Feb or Mar to get it though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
~racnjsn04~ said:
$21,740 +550 is the MSRP. White Si/with navi right? If the dealer was giving you a $1200 "discount" you would be lookin at about $21,090 for the Si w/navi. That would be what I call a Good deal but not a BONUS DEAL! Considering the dealers only paying around $20416. I have a feeling you will be waiting till Feb or Mar to get it though.
yea car price was 21290(including dest. charges)
+200 credit towards anything i add to it.

I know its not that great of a deal, but at the current prices most are paying..
Im happy with it :)
The wait is the only thing killing me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
445 Posts
Hi DeezV604,
The price vary from dealership to dealership. What your getting the SI for sounds about right. Where there are others out there whose going to pay alot more for the car. Especially since it is limited to 15,000. That's roughly 1 SI per month per dealership systemwide. Good thing you order yours early. As word gets out and people see the car and start wanting it, will be harder to get. Here in Hawaii I heard the waiting list is up to April.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aimer said:
Thats awsome bro congrats on the car...just wondering how much would a Fully loaded si be?
when u say fully loaded what are you referring to?
Only factory option im not getting is the summer tires.
I think they cost 200.00 more.
Then a dealer can add on about 100 parts to raise the price to like 30k.



i like the factory kit and rims, but ill buy that and install that myself later on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
i think im reffering to factory options the reason i said this was because i keep reading people saying "its a good overall car and is still a reasonable price fully loaded" so i was wondering what the reasonable price was
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aimer said:
i think im reffering to factory options the reason i said this was because i keep reading people saying "its a good overall car and is still a reasonable price fully loaded" so i was wondering what the reasonable price was
22490
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
So ... let me get this straight...

You went in for an OIL change and got a new car...

Your new car won't be here for a while...

You bought a car from the same dealer/sales person because you knew them from prior car purchase without cross shopping ...

You are trading in a car after driving only two years ...

Wow, you must be getting a hella deal
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top