8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinking of other cars like a 350z and a mitsubishi eclipse.but to be honest i love this car too much.its soo safe and reliable.and the gas saving is awesome.

·
Registered
752 Posts
As long as it doesn't try to duplicate a GM product like mine did. You have made a wise move grass hopper. :)

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I have never test drive the Si, so i don't know what will happen after i test drive one, wich should be in about 2 weeks at the dragon, if i think is worth the extra cash i will sell mine and get an Si sedan in white. if not then i just turbo mine. but i love how i can drive my car for weeks in one tank of gas lol .

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'd trade mine in for a good deal on a couple different cars. Lets just say I'll be going in a couple place and checking out my options atleast.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I traded an 06 Roush for my 07 LX Coupe (Payments and gas were a little too much), and wouldn't think twice about trading back, even if the Roush payments met the LX's.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i seen some of these cars like Chevy and ford and the high powered ones go 120. that it?Chevy made a 300hp something truck that gos 120mph.i seen a cop car go 140mph and you can only get that second hand.not knocking american cars . just i like to see higher speed on the car then 120mph

·
Registered
909 Posts
I'm still up in the air whether I should keep mine or not. It's a fun little car.....I love the dashboard and digital readout........BUT.......
I swear the metal on this car is the thinnest crap Honda could find. The roof and hood were flexing today as I waxed and buffed it. The paint is absolute ****........both my friend and I bought '06 Civic's and had peeling paint from the factory. Mine is around the corners of the plastic front bumper, and my friend's was peeling around the headlights. Finally.......the fit and finish on this car leaves a LOT to be desired. My dashboard doesn't fit properly (raised along the bezel line), my interior door handles don't fit together properly, gaps on the exterior of the car are irregular, and weatherstripping under the spoiler started to pop out badly.

The final thing is that the dealership who I took it to when the weatherstripping was flapping around in the breeze just took an exacto knife and cut it off instead of ordering and installing a new piece. What quality Honda service! If my Chrysler dealer did this to me with my nice car, I'd rip 'em a new one.

mysticdx said:
i seen some of these cars like Chevy and ford and the high powered ones go 120. that it?Chevy made a 300hp something truck that gos 120mph.i seen a cop car go 140mph and you can only get that second hand.not knocking american cars . just i like to see higher speed on the car then 120mph
My Intrepid goes to 150MPH bone stock on 244HP (limited by wind resistance).......ask me how I know :eek: Should be a bit faster now.......but I stopped testing the top speed on deserted highways a few years back.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I still think to myself how would I have been if I had decided to buy the 06 Scion tC I was looking at the same time I bought my 06 Civic EX Coupe.

Everytime I pass the tC I find myself staring at it. Would I be staring at the Civic if I had bought the tC?

Sure the payments would have been less and the fuel economy probably wouldn't have been as good, then again I get no where near the EPA estimates so who knows.

I'm thinking my next car may be a Pontiac Grand Prix with the largest engine available (Northstar V8 or the Supercharged Engine). I've always liked those cars, plus when I get rid of my Civic it will only be because I'll be getting married and starting a family. :thumb:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am keeping my 07 civic but buying a 135i, 335i or Cayman S in March. Just waiting for some official rag reviews on the 135i before I pull the trigger.
The wait is killing me. I need a weekend toy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts