8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, I was having a pretty shitty evening, so around 12:00AM I decided to tak a cruise from my place out here near Oak Brook mall. SO I got on 88 and headed straight down doing no more than 65 the whole way. Got off at Farnsworth for some gas (put in 12.5 gals) and headed back. Cruising in Si just makes me feel so good. That little machine is like a sanctuary for me. Anyone here ever do those kids rides just to take a break and get some peace in mind?

I-88 FTW!

Odd thread maybe but I just wanted to share it, It;s 3:10am can't sleep, don't do drugs or drink but after that ride I feel so good right now!
:wheee::wheee::wheee:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Man I totally feel you on this one. Same way here I call my little routine the all around the world. At times me and my cousing decide to go cruise around.he stays right next door and has a 95 accord and manjust cruising on my si also helps me relax and get some stress out(especially when I run into other people that think they can outrun me lol!) But yeah man just to let you know you ain't the only one.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel the same and all i had to do was drink a beer for $1.25 lol
a buck 25 beer doesn't compare to the cruise in Si though :wheee::wheee::cheerleader:

where are you from?

The other guy to where it's noon or watevr you said?

That damn car and cruise put me in the best mood for some reason. I have never elt so happy and relaxed. If someone came up to me right now and said they were going to kick my ass, I;d tell them I love then and I really think they are cool for expressing their mind Hi FIVE

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man I totally feel you on this one. Same way here I call my little routine the all around the world. At times me and my cousing decide to go cruise around.he stays right next door and has a 95 accord and manjust cruising on my si also helps me relax and get some stress out(especially when I run into other people that think they can outrun me lol!) But yeah man just to let you know you ain't the only one.
I might be moving out to Laguna area in a few months. If I do I'll let ya know. We can cruise the 101 and just take it in hahahah:wheee:

·
Registered
460 Posts
1-88 has too much construction zone...45mph ftl
and it gets too bumpy that my parents hate driving in my car there...and 53...
so i started driving thu local to school... and it was so much more fun
vtec in the middle of cornfields....DA BEST:)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm talkin' after midnight. No construction. There are some weird compositions on there where it is bumpy, 355 has that too.

88 works best for me cause it's close bit next time I'm gonna hit 355 south I think to 55 as long as 55 doesn't have all the construction anymore going out to Joliet. Anyone know if it's cleared up yet?

I had to deal with that stuff 2ce when I was wasting my time going out to Honda of Joliet where the sales manager eventually told my brother to get the hell out of his dealership.

·
Registered
460 Posts
oh yeah im talking about near aurora area....and dekalb area cuz they have those notorious construction...
and yeop!! eastern 88 has a good condition...:)

·
Registered
10,265 Posts
i know what you mean about the si being like a sanctuary. if im having a bad day, i like to hop in my fg2, get on the highway, and crank the radio to the point that i cant hear myself sing along. plus, ive got tinted windows so people cant see me singin like a retard. :rotfl:

·
Registered
270 Posts
dang i use to live in aurora and then bolingbrook off of 55 def miss the midwest now im in the VA but its all good im still a Bears and Cubbies fan. Oh and yeah i always just go cruising nowhere it relaxes me as well.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I took another cruise down 88 out to dekalb tonight. Cops were pulling them over left and right. When are we going to do a cruise?

I think once the weather gets warm enough and not to humid so we can detail the hell out of our cars and then do a cool circuit. Fox valley to aurora then stop in DeKalb on the way pick up other ocho's and begin out caravan. We can get some good video of it too.

Whos up fr this? We can all stop somewhere, take the place over and have out 8thcivic.com Westburbs meet then.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
I took another cruise down 88 out to dekalb tonight. Cops were pulling them over left and right. When are we going to do a cruise?

I think once the weather gets warm enough and not to humid so we can detail the hell out of our cars and then do a cool circuit. Fox valley to aurora then stop in DeKalb on the way pick up other ocho's and begin out caravan. We can get some good video of it too.

Whos up fr this? We can all stop somewhere, take the place over and have out 8thcivic.com Westburbs meet then.
hey hey.. It ain't that cold anymore. Can we talk about that cruising around that you were mentioning again? :vtec::thumb:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Le t me talk to a friend of mine who orks at Film Studio Lighting Stage in the City.

If they will let us to it, maybe we can meet up at the lighting studio and have all of our cars on the White syke, backdrop and have some professional photographers take pictures for us at no cost.

Admins, can you make a pole for this as to:

YES I'd like to be in this

or

NO thanks I don't want my car to be in a professional photo shoot.. I Don't know about dates yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts