8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Please delete if repost)

As an addition to the orginal Hyundai Genesis V8 Sedan thread, I caught this blurb over at AutoBlog this afternoon:

autoblog.com said:
Hyundai just sent us these first official renderings of its Concept Genesis Coupe, a stylized and exaggerated version of a production rear-wheel-drive coupe that's on the way. The actual Concept Genesis Coupe will makes its first public appearance at the LA Auto Show in a couple of weeks, and we'll be on hand to capture the debut. While no other information about the coupe concept or the forthcoming production version was given, we're betting the 3.8L V6 will be the top shelf engine, though we're still holding out hope for a proper V8. Tell us what you think of the concept's design in the comments, as we're sure Hyundai is listening.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/30/breaking-hyundai-releases-official-renderings-of-concept-genesi/

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
it is me or that car look like the euro civic hatch?

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Just look the nose and the shape of the car, it just a drawing.

·
Premium Member
5,368 Posts
Except for some of the front concept ugliness, it reminds me of the Civic coupe. At least they have their benchmark right.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Hyundai is another company that has been doing all the right things lately.. I would like to see a sketch that would be closer to a production model than a radical art project though.

all good finds.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
^Indeed. The new tibby is supposed to either come in a turbocharged dohc 4 cylinder model, n/a 4 cylinder, or v6 & rwd.

I think it'll be awesome, especially since Hyundai/Kia's design department has jumped up dramatically over the past few years. Hell, their designs (and reliability) are better than Ford's cars and I would bet that they're more reliable than Mazdas. Although I have no facts to support that, but I can't remember the last time that I heard about a properly maintained newer kia breaking down and I can't say the same thing for a mazda 3. :shrug:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts