1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Pics will follow, don't have any yet)

Before:
Hondata standard reflash
DIY X/K-style intake (CRV tube, stock MAF housing - unmodified vanes)
P2R TBS w/ gaskets
P2R IMG
Vibrant race header w/ HFC
Custom 2.5" mid section pipe with Vibrant Ultra Silent resonator
STOCK Muffler/axle-back section
Other: Ingall's ETD, Honda HFP suspension, HID PnP 4300k.

I had a local shop install the HyTech yesterday, and I'm incredibly pleased with the results. The only part of the installation itself that I'm slightly unhappy with is that they welded the axle-back pipe section directly to the mid pipe, so it'll be damn near impossible to remove without cutting something, but otherwise they did a pro job.

I know it's impossible to tell without a Dyno chart, but I can say with reasonable assurance, that the power band seems to have risen a little in the mid range.

Mostly, I'm pleased with the SOUND of this thing. My goal was to open the entire exhaust up to 2.5" (since the stock muffler restricted flow significantly) but keep the decibels as low as possible.

AND DOES IT EVER!

At an idle, the car is silent as a whisper. Cruising around town, between buildings, you can hear a very slight, muted deep rumble, but it sounds like it could be coming from another car down the road - not yours. Honestly, my intake makes more noise than this thing, and that's just the angry hiss of air moving.

Accelerating, you can tell the car has balls, but it's not going to attract the wrong kind of attention. Once you hit VTEC, the growl is distinctive and vicious, but it doesn't threaten to set off car alarms or cause your head to explode.

The appearance is my only complaint.

The exhaust tip is VERY small (in diameter) compared to any other after market system I've seen. This wouldn't matter, except due to the large size of the HyTech canister, the tip sits very low compared to the rear bumper. From the side view, it's a classy look, and goes very well with the car. From behind, though, the shiny canister is a little "too" visible behind the tip, and stands out a little more than I'd like.

Overall I'd give this product a 9.5/10. Truly amazing build quality and engineering. The sound quality is FAR above and beyond any of the competition. The fitment and appearance is my only complaint, but it's a very minor issue compared to the advantages of this system.

A+ [email protected] - nice work.
And +1 for Raber's automotive in Mechanicsburg PA. They specialize in bikes, but they do excellent fabrication - but more importantly, they aren't afraid to work on modded imports, unlike 9/10 other shops.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pics? you can shoot the axleback matte black so it won't stand out so much
I'll get pics ASAP.

The axle-back pipe section isn't the part that stands out, it's the actual canister when viewed from behind the vehicle.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was curious how long it took you to get your order filled? What date did you place your order? Because Im still waiting for mine...

·
Registered
654 Posts
i just got my header and exhaust installed by john and 3 of his workers today. I was so excited after waiting 18 weeks for this thing to finally come. It was well worth the wait.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was curious how long it took you to get your order filled? What date did you place your order? Because Im still waiting for mine...
I'd have to dig through my records to get you the exact dates, however, I received the muffler roughly 3 weeks after I placed the order.

How did your car perform and sound with your custom 2.5" exhaust with the stock muffler?
Overall the performance was similar to the system with the HyTech, however there seemed to be a little lag in the transition from low-to-medium RPMs, which smoothed out with the installation of the new muffler.

The sound was good, except when the engine was cold. First thing in the morning, the car sounded like complete crap until it warmed up. Once it was warm, it was fairly quiet, although slightly raspy.

The HyTech muffler actually ended up making the car marginally quieter than it was with the stock muffler.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh, and btw, your review is very accurate. I couldn't have said it better myself. Great job.
cant wait for pics excellent reveiw
Thank you very much. I'll post pics ASAP. I lost my Internet connection on Tuesday (I've been posting from the office), and I can't find my bloody digicam. It's been kind of a bad week...

SOON I PROMISE!

:badger:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts