8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got sick of waiting on Redshift and with a 2-4week wait on comptech i figured why the hell not. So, ordering the Spec I this next week sometime. unfortunatly the cat-back for the sedan is not available until after sema (John said by end of November). So I dunno when it will actually get here. Has anyone seen or heard from the first guy who got this kit on his coupe? John says its making 265whp and 180ft/lbs but I havent seen any updated graphs. I will make some of my own shorty after I get it though. Also I was wondering if X's intake would be good with this kit or if I should stick with stock intake with k&n drop in

Kit includes-
Header
Cat-back
Spec I Cams
Valve Spring
ti-Retainers
and hytech's hondata reflash

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welll here is my thoughts on it... X made 232 hub with his car with stock exhaust and a ported DCRH. If the Hytech is 'so much better' plus the added gains from his twin loop exhaust, and a tune SPECIFICALLY for his cams. i think its not out of the question. X is making great numbers with cams and reflash that werent even meant to be together. if any of you know anything about John Grudynski is that he knows his K-series engines. I have no real 'expectations' for this kit. other than it will be making more hp than stock and sound and feel like heaven on wheels.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
I see your point, but I wasn't being smart I really would like to see that much power.....that would be badass.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can email John for details. The site where he lists his motor parts is www.rsx-tuners.com, but only some of it is updated. his email is [email protected] but you will have to get taken off his spam list to get ahold of him (it will send you an automated message)

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
also anubis i wasnt trying to be defensive. I just was putting my half of the discussion into the thread until it gets torn apart by flames and nay saying posts.

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
well i will be redynoing my car with skunk2 70mm exhaust real soon and much better weather, i think if hypertech based there tune around my intake that car would be making alot more power.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats a "hypertech" :p (just playin)

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
wow only 265 for all that work, looking at that dyno graph the tq is all up and down, my intake would fix that, and it would keep going higher on the top end.

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that article says he bumped up to 12:1 compression with rods and pistons, but in the info john is giving me hes made 285whp with that upgrade along with a ported intake manifold. interesting. maybe they worked on the tune a bit?

edit: x you should pm me with ordering info for your intake ;)

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
xfactorwrx said:
wow only 265 for all that work, looking at that dyno graph the tq is all up and down, my intake would fix that, and it would keep going higher on the top end.
lets see, you now get an upped 9k redline, and you are staying n/a and we all know that n/a is more expensive hp than fi... for comptech and greddy (stock) we get about 250ish whp and it costs about the same as this...

·
Registered
563 Posts
This thing is unbelievable. Already have an exhaust and RF AJP cat so that chops off a bunch of the cost. I'm being tempted! :vtec: :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I would love to stay all motor in my Si too, I'll be saving over the winter for mods so I'll have a few months to see everything pan out.

I'm sure ill end up with X's Maf housing for cammed cars tho :D

·
Banned
1,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i really just want to hear it <3 i bet its gravy or if you dont like gravy.. maybe like icing.

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
Nathen said:
Got sick of waiting on Redshift and with a 2-4week wait on comptech i figured why the hell not. So, ordering the Spec I this next week sometime. unfortunatly the cat-back for the sedan is not available until after sema (John said by end of November). So I dunno when it will actually get here. Has anyone seen or heard from the first guy who got this kit on his coupe? John says its making 265whp and 180ft/lbs but I havent seen any updated graphs. I will make some of my own shorty after I get it
yeah thats a 50/50 blend of 100 octane and 91, and their pistons too. In last months issue of Honda Tuning.

Attached to the rods is a set of Supertech 12:1 forged pistons that were hand-finished by HyTech to remove the sharp contours of the pistons dome. This helps with the flame travel across the dome and with cylinder filling. This compression ratio meant James would have to run some higher octane gas like half 100, half 91 octane, but he was cool with it.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts