8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HP/Torque Gains: We made over 1700 dyno pulls on both the 1.8 and 2.0 engines (1206 and 503, respectively). The attached chart shows a comparison of our tune with Cobb and Hondata Flashpro tunes. As you can see on the attached dyno chart, our testing shows power gains on a stock Si comparable to the Cobb and Hondata tunes. The graphs show the power gains we made at the lower RPM ranges, which are blended into the part throttle areas, which increase torque under normal, part throttle driving conditions, which the other tunes don’t do.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Damn guys! That's pretty good. I've been really wanting to hold off on another tuning solution for a while, but I've got I/E and pulleys. It's really dragging me to not have an after market part solution or even a few base maps to go off of. Especially when I'm looking into getting an Intake Manifold.

I can already tell I'm dumping fuel down the tubes by the smell of the car. (Not the tunes fault at all.)

I was wondering if you guys were looking into doing a few base maps for after market setups?

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn guys! That's pretty good. I've been really wanting to hold off on another tuning solution for a while, but I've got I/E and pulleys. It's really dragging me to not have an after market part solution or even a few base maps to go off of. Especially when I'm looking into getting an Intake Manifold.

I can already tell I'm dumping fuel down the tubes by the smell of the car. (Not the tunes fault at all.)

I was wondering if you guys were looking into doing a few base maps for after market setups?
Are you currently running a Hypertech Max Energy Sport? Here is a link to a member of this forums review of our tuner with intake and exhaust. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ecu-tuning-information/210554-my-hypertech-max-energy-sport-review.html

·
Registered
198 Posts
Are you currently running a Hypertech Max Energy Sport? Here is a link to a member of this forums review of our tuner with intake and exhaust. http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/ecu-tuning-information/210554-my-hypertech-max-energy-sport-review.html
Yes I currently do. As far as I've read with that he has a Takeda SRI, but I don't see what kind of exhaust he has. He also has an SI, I have an LX 1.8, So a tune for these parts is really required on my end.

The issue I have is more on the low end of things the intake pickup is extremely slow, however the gear changes are great as is the top end.

I was also wondering why the Cat enrichment was left on (which may be another reason I smell gas when starting the car), or why in the world my car would be smelling like gas in cold weather? (Not heavily, but enough to notice that I seem to be running a bit rich)

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes I currently do. As far as I've read with that he has a Takeda SRI, but I don't see what kind of exhaust he has. He also has an SI, I have an LX 1.8, So a tune for these parts is really required on my end.

The issue I have is more on the low end of things the intake pickup is extremely slow, however the gear changes are great as is the top end.

I was also wondering why the Cat enrichment was left on (which may be another reason I smell gas when starting the car), or why in the world my car would be smelling like gas in cold weather? (Not heavily, but enough to notice that I seem to be running a bit rich)
Sorry about the comparison, I didn't see that you had a 1.8R. When you ask about CAT enrichment, have you removed the CATs from your car? As for the cold issue, colder temperatures do cause the computer to richen the mixture to compensate for the cooler airs density.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry about the comparison, I didn't see that you had a 1.8R. When you ask about CAT enrichment, have you removed the CATs from your car? As for the cold issue, colder temperatures do cause the computer to richen the mixture to compensate for the cooler airs density.
No I haven't removed the CAT, I live in California, and without a cat most folks around here won't even service my car, so I haven't removed it, but I am putting a lot more air through the intake and the exhaust so I have a feeling my A/FM may be off and the ECU is overcompensating.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So do I lower the vtec engagement to add power with this device.
You will see more performance by simply added the Hypertech tune. By lowering your VTEC point, you will engage your second cam sooner. This does not mean more power earlier if it bogs out and switches back and forth. Believe it or not, Honda actually did a really good job setting the switch over point. We tuned before and after the switch on both cams so you will see a little more performance with moving the switch either up or down. The best advise I can give you is to play with it and move the VTEC point around and see which point feels better for you and how you drive. With every car and every driver being slightly different, the best way to fine tune is by how the car feels. What feels better for you and how you drive.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
very nice i think i might buy one just to see the effects i have a 2011 SI coupe same engine as the 06-10
As of right now we do not support the 10-11 Honda. True they are the same motor but the computer calibrations and such change with every year model as well as have multiple calibrations in each year. Here are the covered years and models at this time.

2006-2009 Honda Civic Si 2.0L L4 4 CYL
2006-2009 Honda S2000 2.2L DOHC V-TEC L4
2006-2009 Honda Civic DX/LX/EX 1.8L i-V-TEC L4

We will post each new release here on 8th GEN once they are released.

You can also go to our website and enter a poduct request so that you will be personnally notified of the release.
http://209.12.144.7/requests.php

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Why so many dyno pulls on the r18?
Any dyno pulls on an r18 that had the typical mods of CAI and free flowing exhaust?
Any ability to adjust transmission shifting for the automatics? I would like to hold 5th gear before downshifting to optimize mpg. And increase shiftpoint and pressure in 1-2,2-3.

Owner of hypertech tuned dodge ram and ford crownvic.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why so many dyno pulls on the r18?
Any dyno pulls on an r18 that had the typical mods of CAI and free flowing exhaust?
Any ability to adjust transmission shifting for the automatics? I would like to hold 5th gear before downshifting to optimize mpg. And increase shiftpoint and pressure in 1-2,2-3.

Owner of hypertech tuned dodge ram and ford crownvic.
We do a bunch of pulls so we can get repeatable numbers for the dyno. If you only do a few pulls your numbers are not accurate. You can jump 10hp in each direction on your first few pulls. By doing a larger test group, you can disregard your high and low numbers and have the true results.

We do look at some modifications to make sure they work with the tuning.

We do not currently offer transmission tuning for the Honda vehicles. Holding 5th gear longer will not neccessarily mean more MPG, if you lug the motor it can in some instances lower you MPG. It all depends on the driver and the situation.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts