8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres what happend. i drove up to my freinds house in newport. we drove to my old high schools basketball game in his bmw. we were gone for like 3-4hrs. i get back start my car and drive about 5 ft and it stalls and the battery oil and engine light all go on. i put in park and start it and i go about another 5ft and it stalls again. so im down in newport at his house. hopefully it starts in the morning if its not raining

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idk what that is?
i just have it how it came out of the box

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no it was just parked on his street. the when i started the car it drove like 5 feet and stalled.

·
Premium Member
221,966 Posts
idk what that is?
i just have it how it came out of the box
AEM Air Bypass Valves protect your engine in the event that your cold air intake filter ever becomes submerged in water. The patented swing valve design draws air from the center section of your intake when the vacuum becomes too great on the filter (from being underwater). Protect your engine from the serious damage that can be caused by hydro lock with the AEM Bypass Valve.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
crap im gonna have to have my freind drive me home and get my stock air box and put it on

·
Registered
500 Posts
If you hydrolocked, putting the stock air box back on isn't going to do anything. But just having your car parked out in the rain wouldn't cause it to hydrolock...

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thats what im thinking about. bc i didnt drive it for a couple hrs then i just tried to drive home and i got 5feet and it stalled.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts