8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this? Is it easy? Where do you get the mirrors, from the dealer? I can't find anything about this on the this site. I think it would look nice but i don't know where to start. Thanks!

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ok you want to hear something else!?

I just called Honda here in Canada and they want $427.65 each for hybrid mirrors!!:eek:mg:

:popcorn:

That's pretty easy to explain considering the Hybrid (and therefore its mirrors) come from Japan, whereas the CSX is built in Alliston so its mirrors are North American sourced...

·
Crazy Yellow Puppet
26,930 Posts
That's pretty easy to explain considering the Hybrid (and therefore its mirrors) come from Japan, whereas the CSX is built in Alliston so its mirrors are North American sourced...
The mirrors are exactly the same. I'd say even made in the same place. Just because the car is put together in Alliston doesn't mean the individual parts were manufactured there.

·
Premium Member
64,413 Posts
Yeah well I was just trying to stand up for Acura because the HONDA mirrors are more money!!:dancing:

·
Registered
929 Posts
The mirrors are exactly the same. I'd say even made in the same place. Just because the car is put together in Alliston doesn't mean the individual parts were manufactured there.

I realize that they're the same but I guarantee to you that the North American Plants and the Japanese plants each get their mirrors from their respective sides of the ocean. It would be a little expensive to ship a few thousand mirrors a day one way or the other... (Alliston alone builds almost 1000 Civics per day, not to mention Ohio)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.