8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you hate rubber floor mats? Do you have an 06 Si and your mat almost has a hole worn through or maybe even worn through.....I have got a thing for you....
I noticed my stock floormat has worn out on the driverside from all the heel toeing I do....very crappy quality I may add....
pic one note worm mat....

pic two I purchased all weather mats from a local auto store 35$ for a complete front and rear set...

I then cut a rear mat so that the rubber was covering only where mat was wearing out...

I sewed it to the mat and hear is finished product.....

been using since tuesday and feels fine.........
I did this solely because I hate all rubber mats and didn't want to ge cheap carpeted ones that don't fit right.....

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx :thumb:

·
Registered
11,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
34 Posts
You might be on to something. I hate my walmart rubber mats with a passion. The problem is that my stock 2008 cloth mats are in mint condition. I want to get rid of the rubber ones but working outside has me fearful...

Your idea might be a great one. I might go cut those things up now. I'll do the same for the passenger side to....

·
Registered
35 Posts
the pics look like they're long gone, but I like the concept described... gonna have to give it a shot and see what I can come up with..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts