8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK well heres the story. On Monday 10/24, Hurricane Wilma came and struck South Florida from the west. Me being on the East side of Florida, we still experienced hell! they said that it was going to be tropical storm force winds and they turned out to be category 3 all the way through florida. About 98% of south florida was without power and as of now thursday 10/27 there are still about 2.5 million people without power. After finding out that we werent goin to have power for 3 - 4 weeks, me and a couple friends decided to drive up to Tallahassee and stay up there where there is power and hot water. Its amazing how much everyone takes all the small things we have for granted and its not till something like this happens and we realize it. Id just like to say that im very thankful for having everything that i do have. Ill probably be heading back down there to see how everything is.

P.S.- gas prices are $2.56 for regular and $2.77 for premium... lol down in sofla its like $2.99 for regular and $3.10 for premium. looks like ill b moving up here when i get my Si lol jk

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
I hope that power comes back for you guys quickly. I have family in florida as well. Take care of yourself down there.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hello from the west side! You would have thought that we would be worse off than we are, I don't understand it either....it was a huge storm, by far more damage from it in my local area than Charlie last year!!!!. Or could it be that we all just got new roofs? lol
Hope your situation improves soon ....I feel for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts