8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys... i know a lot of you are from mississauga and i've got a question

thinkin of buying a condo around bristol/hurontario near eglinton... was wondering what you guys think of the area as far as crime/thefts/robberies go?

the building is a low rise building with no 24 hr security and no "card access" to the building... Mississauga is generally safe but was just wondering if anyone maybe knew of anything shady going on in this area.... last thing i want is to have my 8th gen stolen ... i dont think they could flatbed it since the garage entrance is too small for tow truck to tow/flatbed anything out.

i found THIS website and to be honest i dont know what to think... the area otherwise is super convenient... maybe i'm just too used to suburban burlington lifestyle where you can leave your doors unlocked and no one will do anything.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've been in Missi for over 20 years. It's not what it used to be. It has become a
Wal Mart city. But that's normal for any growing city. We should hit 1 million in a few years. Hurontario and Bristol is a pretty well maintained area. Both infrastructure and security. It's part of the central aka downtown of Missi. So it's well marketed. I used to live in this area. It's busy but have good access to all highways.

As for crime - crime has no borders. Crooks will go anywhere to score. Practice good security and hope all is good. I used to live in the east part of Missi at Bloor and Dixie area. My Mustang has been broken into and stolen. But once I moved to the west end of Missi I've not been a victim of a crime. Which I'm very thankful for. That's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
544 Posts
:yeahthat:

useful tip: if you are going to Sq.1 Shopping mall, dont park in front of TD,Walmart, The Bay, etc. Dont use your civic or bring another car. I have so many dents on my civic cuz people cant park properly and when they open thier doors..BAAMM. also watch out for shopping carts lying around, they are ALIVE!!!.:pinkohnoes:

but generally mississauga is a nice place to live in, just dont leave any valuables unattended.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:yeahthat:

useful tip: if you are going to Sq.1 Shopping mall, dont park in front of TD,Walmart, The Bay, etc. Dont use your civic or bring another car. I have so many dents on my civic cuz people cant park properly and when they open thier doors..BAAMM. also watch out for shopping carts lying around, they are ALIVE!!!.:pinkohnoes:

but generally mississauga is a nice place to live in, just dont leave any valuables unattended.
lol i DO park in front of walmart but at the very back row where it's empty
valuables ... i dont keep any in the car... my car is as clean as it was day 1.

if you check the link i posted in my post and check SQ 1 area that parking lot is a thief magnet but with a lot of that size some of that is unavoidable... what would worry me more if there was a disproportionate amount of that in my home residence lol.

ugh.. dont u just feel sometimes that you hate humanity? haha.

·
Registered
108 Posts
My buddy's 7th gen civic was broken into and $500 Sony deck was knabbed at Starbucks & Jack Astor parking lot accross from Square one mall. Pro job - only a small dent on top of the driver side window. Looked like a Jimmy tool was used.

Also a buddy's Cavalier was broken into but nothing to take at Sears parking lot in Square One mall.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
hwy 10/bristol area USED to be pretty good but now that area is kinda starting to fall off. i used to go to francis xavier high school when it first opened but the crowd and diversity has changed for the worse.

if you don't want to move into the square 1 area, i would suggest tridel skymark. it's a relatively new building (10 years old) and is secure with 24 hour concierge, newer facilities, better area overall.

remember, you get what you pay for. in this case - it's all about location.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hwy 10/bristol area USED to be pretty good but now that area is kinda starting to fall off. i used to go to francis xavier high school when it first opened but the crowd and diversity has changed for the worse.

if you don't want to move into the square 1 area, i would suggest tridel skymark. it's a relatively new building (10 years old) and is secure with 24 hour concierge, newer facilities, better area overall.

remember, you get what you pay for. in this case - it's all about location.
Skymark is out of my price range (if you're talking about the Kingsbridge Grdn one)... 2 bedrooms runs closer to 300k there... on a single income its tough... what do you mean "starting to fall off" though... you mean like smelly newcommer appts or gang activity? im only planning to stay 5 years max.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts