8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant make up my mind of what upgrade to get. i already have a vibrant performance full exhaust. I was thinking of something along the lines of injen cai or fujita short ram (any one have an opnion on the intake?) or a p2r throttle body spacer. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
yess make the x's intake. and id get the spacer along with it.. and maybe dcrh if u dont mind gettin rid of the cat

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k20beast said:
yess make the x's intake. and id get the spacer along with it.. and maybe dcrh if u dont mind gettin rid of the cat
i really would like to do that but how in the hell do you do it, i never saw any diy for the x's intake. I have already port and polished my air box and dropped a K&N filter in their, and i love my exhaust so much would dropping the cat change any fittings of the exhaust :redface: but the idea of a p2r spacer seems like a smart choice

·
Registered
28,322 Posts
RH, whichever one you decide on. If you like your exhaust now wait until you hear it mated to a RH.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
the x's intake is just a custom sri. i used the stock air box and cut the maf housing out...he just gets an adapter for it tho and just use the stock pipe thast goes from tb to air box... and a race header will bolt right up to exhaust. way better flow tho without that cat

·
Banned
1,459 Posts
k20beast said:
the x's intake is just a custom sri. i used the stock air box and cut the maf housing out...he just gets an adapter for it tho and just use the stock pipe thast goes from tb to air box... and a race header will bolt right up to exhaust. way better flow tho without that cat
thats worth about 4 WHP

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
k20beast said:
got any pics of the maf housing cut out? :pics:
oh and is it really bad to delete the cat legeal wise? i know there is more power but how much more than just a high flow cat?

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
k20beast said:
not really, and at the same time, yes. there is a dynograph that proves it. removing the cat and replacing it with a "test pipe" gained 6 hp right around the vtec spike. it smoothed vtec engagement out, but gained nothing on the top end.
replacing the header is gaining you all of your top end power. :thumb:

OP, get the throttle body spacer, it has been dyno proven to gain you 3 or 4 whp. the injen CAI will cause you to run rich, while a fujita will cause you to run lean. the X intake keeps growing on me...

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
if you were to buy a R/T hi flow cat and a comptech shorty header, you would be spending 700-850 dollars, most likely.
the dc race header runs 300-400, and I think the power gains would be similar.
the craftsmanship is significantly inferior on the DC race header, however.
if you were to get a BC race header, you would gain more power and be spending a similar amount of money. the other option is a vibrant header- one of the vibrants (which is right under 800, I believe) has a built in hi-flow cat, and it gains slightly more power than the comptech/RT combo.

I think.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ErichPryde said:
not really, and at the same time, yes. there is a dynograph that proves it. removing the cat and replacing it with a "test pipe" gained 6 hp right around the vtec spike. it smoothed vtec engagement out, but gained nothing on the top end.
replacing the header is gaining you all of your top end power. :thumb:

OP, get the throttle body spacer, it has been dyno proven to gain you 3 or 4 whp. the injen CAI will cause you to run rich, while a fujita will cause you to run lean. the X intake keeps growing on me...
so by running rich you mean to much air to fule ratio (what happens when that is going on?), could that be fixed with a hondata or some kind of tuning :vtec:

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
it could be fixed by an engine management that gives you more control of your car, like the K-Pro, which lets you edit everything. visit hondata.com for more information.

by running rich, I mean you will be burning too much fuel, and losing mileage. your car is not reading the right amount of air and injecting too much fuel.

you'd have to ask sickyute, or find his thread about it. I don't know if he had a reflash or not, but I know he had this problem.

mmm, on second thought, I'm fairly certain he did. the problem with the injen is that the diameter of the tubing where the MAF is located is not the same diameter of the tubing on the stock intake. apparently the MAF has a problem with this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts