8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my car to get a wash yesterday and I was bombarded by water, I actually had to rip my sweater off and hold it up to my drivers side door, where the side plastic panel meets the fabric roof, as the amount of water coming in was huge.

I think it might have something to do with the outisde plastic roof trim, that black run from the front window to the back, but I'm not entirely sure.

Can a dealers fix this as I have never had this problem before.

Can I just pop off the side panel to get a better look even though there is an airbag behind it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
just bring it to the dealer if its not ur fault.. i wouldnt take it out and fack it up ... then ur warranty will be gone for sure... not to be mean or anything but picturing u holding a sweater up to block off pressured water is kinda funnY LOL

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Roll up your window... Sorry could not help myself..:dance:
I knew I forgot something!

just bring it to the dealer if its not ur fault.. i wouldnt take it out and fack it up ... then ur warranty will be gone for sure... not to be mean or anything but picturing u holding a sweater up to block off pressured water is kinda funnY LOL

I'm not going to lie, it was kinda funny but dissapointing at the same time and my hoodie got soaked!!!

I doesn't leak when it rains or what have you but I'll take it in as I am due to an oil change and I'm going to try a different MTF.

Thanks though!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ill add this to my list, along with the barbed wire story, of all my reasons to NEVER go to a car wash place. I'll take the time to spend with my baby getting her all clean.... FOR FREE

:dance:
Lets here the barbed wire story!

It was +1c outside and we have a townhouse so no garage to clean anything in, its a big parking lot and we're not allowed to clean or fix stuff in it, as them be the rules!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.