8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up rims yesterday from a local for a great price i couldnt pass on. The rims are the Works CR-Kai's 18's with a width of 8.5...i was thinking of dropping my car but with that width i was told i should be careful of rubbing....well the rims didnt come with any hub centric rings.

Does anyone know if these are 100% necessary and can i get away with just throwing these bad boys on....

They didnt come with center caps so does any1 know were i can find some that fit if anything?? and what exactly would be the best tire size to go with these??

Also the rims have a few scratches and paint chips...these are bronze...does anyone recommend painting these?? maybe powdercoat them??

·
Registered
998 Posts
Without hubcentric rings, your lug nuts are doing the job of keeping your wheels centered, something they aren't really intended to do. You can pick up a set of hubcentric rings at any wheel/tire shop.

As for tire size, we'd need to know the offset. 225/40 will be ever-so-slightly stretched but almost guaranteed to cause no issues.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Our cars are hubcentric by design the lugs were not designed to center our wheels to the hub. A lot of aftermarket wheels are designed with large hub bores to fit many make and models of vehicles. If you decide to get hub rings make sure you get plastic ones. The metal ones tend to rust right to the hub and can be a huge pain to remove.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and how do i get the size that i need??...i guess i can give discounttiredirect a call??

·
Registered
195 Posts
and how do i get the size that i need??...i guess i can give discounttiredirect a call??
You need to get the inner hub bore size of the wheels you bought. I usually look up the wheels I buy on google for the specs etc. The bore size for our hub is 64.1mm i believe. After finding out which size you have, the rings will be 64.1mm inner diameter and (X)mm outer diameter based on whatever size hub bore you have on the wheels. Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
195 Posts
you never know you might get lucky and have wheels with a 64.1mm inner bore :D

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info guys....i was able to get discounttires to send me a set for free....i luv shopping there...does any1 think i should powdercoat these??

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
thanks for the info guys....i was able to get discounttires to send me a set for free....i luv shopping there...does any1 think i should powdercoat these??
What color were you thinking about powdercoating them? :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill be slapping these on on weds so ill take pics n u guys lmk...have to be careful the camber wear on those tires are bad!!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Just as a head's up, my Enkei RPF1's have a 64.1 mm bore. No hubcentric rings needed on these wheels.
Forget what I said in that post. Installed them tonight and they do not slide up on the hub like I thought. Took my time and properly torqued the wheels and no vibration. I'm still going to order some hubcentric rings just in case. I'll try hitting up a local wheel/tire shop tomorrow and see what I can find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts