8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Silver8th said:
Nice job! Looks nice
Where did you get them and who installed them? Was it hard to install and did it take very long? How much did they set you back?
..Well you probably won't beleive this but I paid 100 bucks for the Ballasts they were from a wrecked maxima, I got them at that price, b/c at the time i had a connection with someone who worked at the service/ repair center at a nissan dealership. I helped my cousin install them, took us a few hours. He was the brains behind the whole thing, so he did all of the wiring and ****. These Ballasts were actually on my focus before I got the Si. Oh I had to buy new bulbs and could'nt use my d2r's that were in the focus..in the long run everything came out to be under 200 bucks, can't be that!!! and sorry I don't have that hook up anymore, if anyone was interested.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
looks good! that is on my mind to do seeing as how i have lexus ballasts sittin right next to me... lol where did you buy the bulbs? i think i want more of a bluish tint to them...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ep3racer954 said:
looks good! that is on my mind to do seeing as how i have lexus ballasts sittin right next to me... lol where did you buy the bulbs? i think i want more of a bluish tint to them...

...ebay is your friend. you will need 9006 bulbs. Temperature wise I would stay below 5000k too blue attracts attention (ie COPS) 4300k is what most cars (OEM) that are equiped with HIDs use. Keep in mind that "technically" it is illegal to fit HIDs with cars that don't have them stock..but I had no problems in my focus, and b/c the Si is a new car you could just tell them it came as an option from the factory, they would'nt know. the higher the temprature the bluer the color (ha if that makes any sense) Well if you need help installing them, Me and my cousin would be glad to help you out in the install, just buy us some food!!

:thumb:

·
Registered
445 Posts
Nice look. I bet it was a bear to install. I had to fight just getting in a set of Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. I thought the right side would be easy. Wrong!! Replacing the bulb with the ABS lines was pain. Getting it out and connetor removed was ok, getting the bulb locked back in, ouch!! The left side was easier. Open and remove the radiator reservoir cover, carefully pulling out the reservoir, then access the bulb. Getting the reservoir in and out would be easier with the battery front hold down was first loosened then and moved out of the way. After reservoir reinstalled, cover replaced and battery tie down reattached, and tightened. You're good to go!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
acetech808 said:
Nice look. I bet it was a bear to install. I had to fight just getting in a set of Sylvania Silverstar bulbs. I thought the right side would be easy. Wrong!! Replacing the bulb with the ABS lines was pain. Getting it out and connetor removed was ok, getting the bulb locked back in, ouch!! The left side was easier. Open and remove the radiator reservoir cover, carefully pulling out the reservoir, then access the bulb. Getting the reservoir in and out would be easier with the battery front hold down was first loosened then and moved out of the way. After reservoir reinstalled, cover replaced and battery tie down reattached, and tightened. You're good to go!

..lol we took off the whole front end of the car, made the work a hell of alot easier, I'll post poics of that part of the install later, lol it was kinda crazy to see my new car already stripped like that.

·
Registered
518 Posts
954K20_SI said:
..lol we took off the whole front end of the car, made the work a hell of alot easier, I'll post poics of that part of the install later, lol it was kinda crazy to see my new car already stripped like that.
Pls do post, im installing 6000k hids tomorrow on my si.
thx

·
Registered
351 Posts
it all good i got the hid kit and can get them for $275 with any bulb you need plug&play kits. didn't you get the dc exhaust, and headers ?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
htec17 said:
it all good i got the hid kit and can get them for $275 with any bulb you need plug&play kits. didn't you get the dc exhaust, and headers ?

yeah i did, not putting them on til after my first oil change.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts