8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

41 - 60 of 544 Posts

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
already laughing at anyone who pays 100+ for this, in advance.

Consider this my pre lol.
why? because its badically made of the same stuff as a coupler? thats no reason to laugh.. do u know how much work goes into getting it molded right and then having the ports molded into it.. and if it helps make more power id say its well worth it.. say it gains 3-4 hp.. and its $150 you guys will pay 400-800 for a header to gain around 10hp.. Now who do u wanna laugh at? u would get more bang for the buck outta this.. it could also help with A/F and drivability over the stock tube.. dont sell something out just cause u "think" its not worth it , when u know nothing about it... Vw guys have been running stuff similar to this for years and noticing good gains...

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
why? because its badically made of the same stuff as a coupler? thats no reason to laugh.. do u know how much work goes into getting it molded right and then having the ports molded into it.. and if it helps make more power id say its well worth it.. say it gains 3-4 hp.. and its $150 you guys will pay 400-800 for a header to gain around 10hp.. Now who do u wanna laugh at? u would get more bang for the buck outta this.. it could also help with A/F and drivability over the stock tube.. dont sell something out just cause u "think" its not worth it , when u know nothing about it... Vw guys have been running stuff similar to this for years and noticing good gains...
:yeahthat: Thank you

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
why? because its badically made of the same stuff as a coupler? thats no reason to laugh.. do u know how much work goes into getting it molded right and then having the ports molded into it.. and if it helps make more power id say its well worth it.. say it gains 3-4 hp.. and its $150 you guys will pay 400-800 for a header to gain around 10hp..
A header has to be mandrel bent, then TIG welded... a lot more work going into it than just a silicon tube with holes poked into it. Maybe for $100, not for $150...

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
A header has to be mandrel bent, then TIG welded... a lot more work going into it than just a silicon tube with holes poked into it. Maybe for $100, not for $150...
are u sure about that?? the holes are not jut "poked" there molded.. maybe u should think about that some more.. and i could see this thing needing trimmed when used with a TB spacer, but i dont see that being a big deal..

·
Registered
11,487 Posts
the application for vws is a lot different then for our cars most of those are forced induction. so you can't really compare the two

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
Tell me how this will be any different than a regular pipe? The heat. People on this site are so gullible on buying anything to gain nothing. Waste of money

I'll stick to my CRV

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Tell me how this will be any different than a regular pipe? The heat. People on this site are so gullible on buying anything to gain nothing. Waste of money

I'll stick to my CRV
I'll wait for the dyno plot. Theoretically, it should have a less turbulent flow than the OEM tube. Whether that's worth any significant gains remains to be proven.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #58

I'll stick to my CRV
Besides improving airflow, I would think that the air inlet temps would be lower. Silicone hosing is an insulator and not a conductor, this particular hose can stand up to 500 F, meaning that there is less heat soak from the engine heat to the intake pipe. Cooler charges = denser air which should equate more power? How much, we will have to wait and see. Air inlet temps will have to be datalogged at real world driving conditions to obtain accurate data which we shall be testing.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Look's much larger than the stock intake tubing and CRV tubing. The OP will have to confirm that actual size though.

41 - 60 of 544 Posts