8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get a new 06 but it is not going well. The dealer deals with a certain bank and I had an account in overdraft for $50 that I never paid ten years ago so they denied me.

It is not on my credit report but they still denied me for that. They said they would try another bacnk but it doesn't appear to be going well as they didn't call me back all day long today. I am slightly depressed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have you considered paying the $50 back to them and moving forward? Getting a loan yourself on-line? Using Honda Credit? I just bought mine with Honda Credit and it was 5.57% for 60 Months. That is with a 688 Credit score. (Its down because in the last 8 Months I bought a S2000 Feb '05, a First House April '05 and traded my 2000 Ford Truck in on this deal) They were very understanding that I was below 720 and could not get prime intrest from Honda but it was still lower then any bank would give me. Esp since my payments were the same as the truck Honda was cool with the whole deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
What is the lowest interest rate that they will give? I think my socre is 734, so I hope to get a good rate. I tried getting a loan through lendingtree.com just to compare. They offered (Capital One Financing) 5.59 APR for 72 months I think.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I talked to honda today and they got the same interest rate through another bank. All is good and I pick up the car tommorrow morning. I am pumped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts