8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I dont REEEEALLLLY say 'howdy'.... but im in a jovial mood so I just sorta happened. Anyways, I'm new to the site so I'll go ahead and do a lil' intro action here.

About me:
Name: Chris
Hometown: Orange, CT
Age: 23
Occupation: Protoytpe Web Developer - I work for a marketing company in Stamford, CT that mainly deals with Magazine subscriptions, etc. Their online group (where I work) is trying to come up with new/better/more efficient ways to handle the online portion of the business. So, I make prototypes of ideas set for by the creative team, etc etc, techno mumbo jumbo... you get the point.

Fun facts: I'm an avid 'Halo' fan, the popular game from Xbox/Xbox360 and cant wait for the 3rd installment of the game this coming september. I also LOVE snowboarding. I try to get out as much as I can every winter. Its easily my favorite pastime. I also recently got engaged to my wonderful gf, now fiancee and we're set to have the wedding in Sept 2008.

Pic of my fiancee and myself. Its form about 2 yrs ago... but we look the same for the most part.


My Ride:
2006 Honda Civic EX Coupe Alabaster Silver Metallic

I've had my car for a little over a year and am finally at a point in my life where I can start doing some work to it and customizing it to my liking. I have an overall idea of where I want it to be within a year... but again, more on that later. Right now, theres very minimal mods... license plate flip, debadge, drop-in air filter. But there are many more to come. I'll type more about them later on. You can see my progress in my thread here. Pictures of my car can be seen there.

I look forward to learning much more form the great people here. The DIYs have already been amazing informative and helpful. Keep up the great work everyone!!

I'm also very interested in meeting up with people from my area just to chill, etc. So, if you're nearby... hit me up.

Later!

Edit: heres some pics of my car. not great quality... I'll post better ones soon. I promise.

Front plate before:


Front plate after:


Debadge before:


Debadge after: (coming soon)

Clear Headlights/Remove Amber - Before:


Clear Headlights/Remove Amber - during:


The Headlight-during pic is from tonight... We had to stop short and put it back together cuz we didnt have time tonight cuz my buddy and I have work in the morning. Ill post more pics when I can get them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EJ1 Freak said:
Congrats on the engagement! :)

Any pics? What are your plans?
Thanks! Ill add a pic up in the first post.

I graduated from college this past december from Providence College and she graduated from PC as well this past May. So lots of changes in our lives as of late.

Right now, plans are... getting married in Salem, MA sometime in September 2008. She is from Beverly, MA which is about 10 mins away from Salem. We havent been able to nail down a date yet. Right now, we are both living with our respective parents to work on saving up some money. After marriage, shes moving down this way to find a permenant job. Shes trying to find somehting short-term for while shes still in MA. We're debating over buying a small house/condo or renting for a year. Lots of discussions to be had. We're excited though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
PhalanX said:
Thanks! Ill add a pic up in the first post.

I graduated from college this past december from Providence College and she graduated from PC as well this past May. So lots of changes in our lives as of late.

Right now, plans are... getting married in Salem, MA sometime in September 2008. She is from Beverly, MA which is about 10 mins away from Salem. We havent been able to nail down a date yet. Right now, we are both living with our respective parents to work on saving up some money. After marriage, shes moving down this way to find a permenant job. Shes trying to find somehting short-term for while shes still in MA. We're debating over buying a small house/condo or renting for a year. Lots of discussions to be had. We're excited though.
Oh sorry I meant for the car! :redface: :redface: :redface:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
EJ1 Freak said:
Oh sorry I meant for the car! :redface: :redface: :redface:
Haha... whoooops. My bad. Annnnnnyways. Pics of my car can be seen in the link i have in the OP. My camera isnt great and Im a shitty photographer... so they arent all that great.

edit: pictures added
 

·
idgaf
Joined
·
6,953 Posts
Looks like you got a nice ride and great start in life congrats. Do you have to pay for the college?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exeon said:
Looks like you a nice ride and great start in life congrats. Do you have to pay for the college?
I was fortunate enough to have my grandparents pay for the majority of my college tuition. I have relatively very little student loans to pay off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,616 Posts
PhalanX said:
Fun facts: I'm an avid 'Halo' fan, the popular game from Xbox/Xbox360 and cant wait for the 3rd installment of the game this coming september.

Welcome and congrats on the upcoming wedding. That said if you want to hit me up on xbox live please do so (anubis80).......as halo seems to be a favorite of mine as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anubis said:
Welcome and congrats on the upcoming wedding. That said if you want to hit me up on xbox live please do so (anubis80).......as halo seems to be a favorite of mine as well.
I dont play much anymore... at least not till september, but I'll def. hit you up when I get on again. the Friend Request will come from my gamertag: LaNX II

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top