8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I just joined a few days ago, Im glad to see a forum for our new car. I used to drive a silverado, but the gas to get to school sucked. So right now im car less, but this saturday... yes christmas eve, i will be getting my 2006 Civic Si.. ill post pics as soon as i get the car. talk to yall on the forums

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would be nice... then, ill be mister popular. lol already, im debating on a new exhaust system, even though its already nice, but i think ill build a custom corsa exhaust. I did this for a friends cobalt ss, and it sounds amazing.. like a v8. ill see if i can get the sound file.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will say the ecotech engine is very strong. and to support a supercharger with 12 psi. thats not to bad. Its a great engine, but crapy car. the lsd sucks, and it is just to plain on the inside... give me by june... ill blow it outta the water F*** the warranty. Never used one on my truck, it was procharged, (waste of money) but was fun as hell... so ill be doing the same to the civic. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fishytron said:
sounds fun. what color? oh and welcome to 8th
Im getting fully loaded galaxy gray metalic with front rear and side spoilers. So hopefully this will be fun its my first honda... 93 RX-7 then Silverado... so weird jumps in cars lol rotary, to v8, to 4 cylinder... but i need to get to school

·
Registered
594 Posts
howdy partna =P

Yea i def cant say that =( im from Jerzey and it would sound too wierd.... prob would get shot if i said that in the wrong neighborhood =P

·
Premium Member
7,195 Posts
CalBoyTex said:
I will say the ecotech engine is very strong. and to support a supercharger with 12 psi. thats not to bad. Its a great engine, but crapy car. the lsd sucks, and it is just to plain on the inside... give me by june... ill blow it outta the water F*** the warranty. Never used one on my truck, it was procharged, (waste of money) but was fun as hell... so ill be doing the same to the civic. :)
well said. I was watching Street Tuner Challange and they dynoed a base cobalt ss, and it put 212 down at the wheels. That is good numbers for a 4 cyl., but like you said the interior just plain sucks on the cobalt. I test drove also and there is really no comparison between the Si and the cobalt.

·
Registered
730 Posts
that cobalt was hit up. it looked like after being hit w/ the ugly stick it had it jammed up its tailpipe. that skyline on the other hand.... :hail:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lol true, Now GM is releasing these stage kits... im impressed with what GM is doing.. which i find so hard for them to do since they are broke as hell. They are saying that the ss cobalt with both stage kits will get 250 hp?!? if so... congratz for the echothech...boo to the cobalt with its huge ass head lamps. yes i said lamps... not lights.

·
Registered
153 Posts
CalBoyTex said:
lol true, Now GM is releasing these stage kits... im impressed with what GM is doing.. which i find so hard for them to do since they are broke as hell. They are saying that the ss cobalt with both stage kits will get 250 hp?!? if so... congratz for the echothech...boo to the cobalt with its huge ass head lamps. yes i said lamps... not lights.
The Cobalt interior is crap. But the ecotec is a solid engine. I believe they have cranked that up to 1000 hp in some of the dragsters they race with.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I bought mine off the lot in March, had like 3 to choose from, but 2 of the cars came straight from the Honda Classic Golf Tournament in PGA National in Palm Beach. I took the white one. Hey I guess this makes my car kind of famous. It might have been on TV. I guess I'll have to TiVo the golf channel and see if I can find a rerun of it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts