8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, wondering how everyone is doing during the first snow storm. Unfortunately I had to drive yesterday, and I'm on HFP suspension, man was I eating snow on the freeway... Had a hard time to get back into my parking spot when I got home too. time like this I wish my car was "raised" lol

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
We didn't get hit too bad near Chicago. The worst thing was the ice. i had about an 1/8 or a 1/4 of an inch of ice covering my windshield, my rear window, and the entire passenger side of my car after I got out of work. That was a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
that stupid VDS light is stupid!

·
Registered
319 Posts
We didn't get hit too bad near Chicago. The worst thing was the ice. i had about an 1/8 or a 1/4 of an inch of ice covering my windshield, my rear window, and the entire passenger side of my car after I got out of work. That was a pain in the ass.
yeah that was a huge pain in the ass. i went to work left my car from 3-12am and i had about 3/4 of an inch of ice surrounding my truck (snow tires havent come in for the si). it was all worth it though watching the soccer moms and high school girls trying to get the ice off lol that was hilarious.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
ill give you my TCS button if that will help you feel your need for wanting :D ?

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Yesterday i took the si to discount tire for new tires and the guys there laphed at me and asked how i got there.... my tires were so bald i had to start in 3rd gear just to start moving w/out spinning... now w/ the new tires i can actualy drive the car!! LOL

good luck this winter all!!!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
props to discount tire. i hear those guys are awesome. i may go there to get my tires, what do you say? You recommend them?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
props to discount tire. i hear those guys are awesome. i may go there to get my tires, what do you say? You recommend them?
I thought you worked for TireRack Tom! :laughing: Too funny, I love it.

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
I'm in the northern burbs and the salt trucks were not out at all yet, so the roads sucked! I took her out for a drive at the peak of the storm sat night, and i must say i'm impressed at how she did! VSA worked pretty well imo, but then again this is the first car i've ever owned with any type of traction control system. She definately stayed on track a lot better than my old 95 Civic. Good times!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Yea they were fast and since i waited for my car they put me to the top of the list and got my car done quick!!!! props to them

·
Registered
472 Posts
I was out at Stratford Sq. Mall shopping when the storm hit Saturday. I was VERY unsatisfied with how my car drove. This is the first manual I've driven in snow/ice, so I know I need to learn how to drive better.

2007 FA5 w/ 5k miles (stock Michelin non-summer tires)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I run a set of HPT tires March - November and put winter tires on for the cold/snowy months, 16' rims and tires. Man does it make a difference, plus it saves the wear and tear on my HFP rims. I tore right thru the snow this morning, and I have an 06 Si (no VSA).

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car sucked in the snow...I never thought I'd feel safer in the wife's Corolla than my Si...I'm buying winter tires this week, I don't think I'll survive the winter otherwise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts