8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the Si was announced to have 200HP, right? Is this pre or post SAE J1349 revision?

http://www.sae.org/certifiedpower/details.htm
http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=384913 (hoping that all that happens with Acura applies to Honda, the SAE revisions went into effect on January 1st, 2005)
http://www.civicnation.ca/en/civic_si_concept/splash.html (claims 200hp; this applies to Canadian vehicles at the bottom)
http://world.honda.com/news/2005/4050210.html (from February 10th claims 200 hp as well)

If by chance the claimed 200hp is after the SAE revision, could that mean the Si will have the same engine as the 2005 RSX Type S (K20Z1)? The 2006 ratings claim 201 hp (http://www.acura.com/models/model_specs_index.asp?module=rsx) when the 2005 RSX-S with the same engine claimed 210 hp.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but looking at the timeline, it's very possible.
1. Jan 1st, 2005 - SAE revision in effect
2. Feb 10th, 2005 - Announcement of 200hp Civic Concept.
3. Canadian Civic Nation site is made public around May 26th?

What does everyone think? Well, just a bit over a week until we find out...

·
Registered
420 Posts
the 200hp was hondas estimate. i believe with the new sae standards they rated the si at 197hp which doesnt quite have the same ring to it as 200hp, but not bad considering the rsx-s went from 210hp to 201hp.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very true. 4 HP differene isn't bad at all. I'd like to see how it does with the Integra Type R's pistons, rods and cams. Or better yet, aftermarket ones. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
even with the 4hp difference i think the si will be putting more hp to the wheels than the rsx because of the lsd

·
Registered
44 Posts
Someone posted that the new Si will be using a new engine with an R designation. So instead of K20 we will see a R20 engine in the Si.

I hope I'm right...if not, then someone please correct me.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That goes against their naming convention... If you're right, cool. But that'd be weird.
Ever12's report that it will be a K20Z3 is more believable. I wonder how it differs between the K20Z1, K20A2 and K20A... Same cams as the K20Z1 and K20A? I hope!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
infinite012, I just found some new info. Looks like the R designations are for the 1.8 L engine if that info is right.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Scourge said:
infinite012, I just found some new info. Looks like the R designations are for the 1.8 L engine if that info is right.

honda claims even with the sae revisions the 1.8 is still pushing 140hp

·
Registered
98 Posts
197 just isn't a round number. I really want them to bump that up so they could say its 200.

I doubt it will still be competing against the RSX though because one is a luxery car, the other is more of a sportscar, similar to the old Cougar and Mustang of the 70's.

·
Registered
420 Posts
CivicsRdBest said:
197 just isn't a round number. I really want them to bump that up so they could say its 200.

I doubt it will still be competing against the RSX though because one is a luxery car, the other is more of a sportscar, similar to the old Cougar and Mustang of the 70's.
3hp really doesnt matter. a short ram intake can be had for just over $100 will bump it up to around 200hp. im just happy they didnt lower it to 180hp which some people were saying they would.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just hope Hondata is on the ball with this one. I hear their reflashes and the K-Pro are pretty amazing. Just hope they'll have the ECU cracked early on.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Actually the only other car im considering besides the 06 SI is the 06 GTI. APR has a chip out already putting the 2.0FSI motor to 246hp. :D The moddablility of turbo GTIs have been excellent in recent generations.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone heard any news about whats gonna happen to the RSX-S? Will it get bumped up in HP or will it get discontinued? With the new SI coming out, I don't see a point in buying the RSX-S unless you really really want leather. ;)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Trick000 said:
Anyone heard any news about whats gonna happen to the RSX-S? Will it get bumped up in HP or will it get discontinued? With the new SI coming out, I don't see a point in buying the RSX-S unless you really really want leather. ;)
holy irrelevance batman.

;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Alright, now will someone who know's actually answer the question instead talking about batman (which is also quite irrelevant)? :p

·
Registered
420 Posts
Trick000 said:
Alright, now will someone who know's actually answer the question instead talking about batman (which is also quite irrelevant)? :p
um no, search for the next rsx and if you dont find any topics on it start a new topic. that way we can actually have relevant discussions on this forum rather than all over the place.

i dont really want to pwn n00bs because afterall were all still n00bs on this forum. but damn, some people are n00bs at life.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts